Home – New Forums Other discussions What’s the weirdest customer or client feedback you’ve received?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Suze English
    • Total posts: 33
    Up
    ::

This article on Flying Solo about weird customer and client reviews had me snickering into my afternoon coffee, but I bet it happens a lot!

From customers who just don’t understand the product they’ve purchased, to completely unhelpful and unreasonable feedback on client briefs, I reckon there’d be a wealth of advice amongst our Flying Solo soloists about dealing with difficult clients or reviews.

Care to share the strangest or most unreasonable customer feedback you’ve ever received and how you dealt with it?

Read the full article:

How to learn from your weirdest and worst business feedback

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Suze English.
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Haha,

A friend told me just the other day that he’d done a deal to do a friend’s tax and that they had agreed.

And in a Steve Jobs kind of way, added, “Just one more thing…” and asked for my friend to do the tax for the client’s wife and his daughter therefore tripling the time requirement of our already overworked soloist.

It’s fair to say that the friendship was never the same after that!

Tom Valcanis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

I remember during the first lockdown (or second…they all blur in to one down here in Melbourne) I got a call from a lady who wanted a resume done ASAP. She asked if I wrote resumes, and I said I did. She paused and said, “You don’t sound very professional.” Excuse me? “It sounds like you’re in a caravan or something.” I said I was working from home, like many people were at the time. “Hmm, doesn’t sound professional to me… so how much do you charge for a resume?” I asked when she wanted it. She needed it that afternoon. I told her and she starts going off about how it’s robbery, scandal, etc. That she could get her cousin to do it for half the price. “I suggest you go and call your cousin, then.”

I sell words because my words sell. Copywriter at I Sell Words - 0417120749
    Dan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

I was once working on a project for a client who was very concerned about the fonts we were using. They asked us to send them a list of all the fonts we were considering for the project, and then they proceeded to pick apart each one. They said that some of the fonts were “too corporate” and others were “too playful”. In the end, they decided that we should use a font that was “in between” the two extremes. It was definitely one of the weirdest experiences I’ve had with a client.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.