Home – New Forums Marketing mastery What’s wrong with this ad?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up
    ::

Major lesson for those who write ads without training in direct marketing / copy writing.

I’ll share my lessons in the next few days. Apart from the obvious, how can a mistake like this can be detrimental to an organisation?

792Ad_Fail.png

Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up

I don’t get it – what’s wrong with the ad?

Blue Jet
    • Total posts: 189
    Up

That ad is referring Mobile Home for a Caravan. Me personally don’t see a mistake :)

Is that paper from Australia or somewhere in USA?

Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up

Maybe the original poster is referring to the mobile home having power sockets – which caravans do, as they can be hooked up to power at the caravan park.

Blue Jet
    • Total posts: 189
    Up
    leisadent, post: 127598 wrote:
    Maybe the original poster is referring to the mobile home having power sockets – which caravans do, as they can be hooked up to power at the caravan park.

Maybe is wrong maybe is right, or maybe that ad wasn’t published or maybe it was published, ummm maybe if we knew the full story than maybe :) we can judge the advertiser :)

or maybe…. not :)

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

It mentions a NSA member (which I can only assume is the National Security Agency) and their whereabouts on a certain date at a certain location.

I would assume this is a security breach. :p

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

ok clearly, i assumed that everyone knew NSA stood for National Speakers Association.

Go ahead and click on the link again. Note the following:

1. Million – dollar ideas column
    2. NSA member.
    3. chapter president
    4. MBA
    5. delighted to receive a $100 discount (not cash)
    6. lives in a mobile home.
    7. perfect timing for the $100. needed to replace her household electronics and appliances.
    8. lives in a mobile home (trailer?)

It may be in bad taste so if you still don’t get it, it may not be appropriate to elaborate.

All i will say is that it may not be dignified to brag about chapter presidents with MBAs who live in a mobile home and are delighted by a $100 saving because it helps with paying for repairs caused by lightning strike.

No, i’m not an elitist. Just pragmatic.

For a less forgiving and hilarious take on this ad, just pm me. Be prepared to be offended. You have been warned. On the bright, there will be valuable lessons on how not to write an ad. It will be a short consultation in itself.

yourvirtualboard
    • Total posts: 569
    Up

There’s a lesson in assuming what your target audience know, because if they don’t the whole message is lost :)

I’d also add the old “never judge a book” but sadly that’s how the world works.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.