Home – New Forums Marketing mastery What’s your call to action?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Corset Kylie
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    ::

We all know we need to create a good sense of urgency and have a good call to action to be succesful in sales. This is even more important when running an online shop or service. As when the customer closes the browser, we are gone, there is no chance to save the deal as there is in face to face sales.

So lets hear some thoughts, what do you view as a good online method to create this call to action for online stores and services?

Two of my methods are
    -utilising short term specials and discounts on items I wish to move faster. I found out very quickly that this works best if I actually change the specials on a regular basis, so my regular visitors to the site become aware that it really is a limited time only, thus creating a sense of urgency, “I better get it today while it’s cheaper”

-and offering free postage with a certain spend level. I often find this is enough to have a customer grab that extra item before checking out. With my products this can be really good for my business and for the customer, as to protect the product, I need to use the same size postpack if I am posting one item or three items. So more sales, and at no extra cost on postage allows me to keep pricing lower.

What other ideas are out there?

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

I’m not sure if this is exactly the same thing as what you’re talking about, but we offer businesses a 12 month free trial of our services (for a limited time of course) to encourage them to move more quickly.

Don’t know if that’s a good example though because it doesn’t generate a sale?

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

We offer a free trademark search, so I ensure this jumps out on the home page for people to click & claim.

As it’s a free service, it doesn’t always turn into a ‘sale’ – but, a reasonable portion do then go through to the next step of the (trademark) services, which incur fees so I think this works relatively well.

DavidM
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

Let’s not mix up incentives and differentiators with a call to action. A call to action is the last bit of communications that you use to encourage behavior. but it can also be peppered through all comms as a crescendo.

It usually references a main benefit, before directing people to click, call, visit or write.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

My call to action is freeing up valuable time for small to medium enterprises so they can focus on other aspects of their business.

Dean @ Four P’s Marketing
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

We increase your sales.

Jodie McLeod
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Hi Kylie et al,

I just pinned this nice infographic on Call to Action Best Practices to our Pinterest page if you want to check it out… it contains some great tips on how to make your CTA get results.

Cheers

jodie

impressions
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

I have been pondering this very topic myself. As I am launching my new business I am wondering what sort of method I can use to get people to commit to a purchase or even subscribe to a mailing list. We offer a Design and Print business, and yes there are many out there. I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to what point of distinction can be made, do I offer a VIP special for subscribers, discounts maybe, or some sort of method. Newsletters seem to be a popular choice but for a sole trader like myself it is not necessarily a practical choice. Any suggestions are welcome, we all need a little help sometimes.

My Telemarketing Girl
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Simply
    – we love the jobs you hate!

My Telemarketing Girl
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    Mousematt, post: 128034 wrote:
    I have been pondering this very topic myself. As I am launching my new business I am wondering what sort of method I can use to get people to commit to a purchase or even subscribe to a mailing list. We offer a Design and Print business, and yes there are many out there. I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to what point of distinction can be made, do I offer a VIP special for subscribers, discounts maybe, or some sort of method. Newsletters seem to be a popular choice but for a sole trader like myself it is not necessarily a practical choice. Any suggestions are welcome, we all need a little help sometimes.
    With the experience we have had in telesales for clients, those with products particularly go well with offering a FREE sample. This has been the call to action that wins every time. Everyone loves to test and try before they buy. The offer of FREE consultation visits/chats also go well. Locking in appointments to share more – great added value. Always then supported with a follow up. I remind our clients, you may have a great call to action, but don’t fail in the follow up!
    joanbell
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

I’m in a service business and my call to action is a FREE Special Report, with a follow up autoresponder series and a free subscription to my monthly ezine, ‘Action Works’.

It depends on what you want the call to action to lead to. Based on that, design or create something very ‘appetizing’ that leads to an ongoing relationship, if that is your main criteria.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.