Home – New Forums Marketing mastery What’s your experiences with lead generating sites?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pai1nter
    • Total posts: 25
    Up
    ::

Hi fellow members

I run a painting business with my husband and we are trying to find reliable ways to get business.

I have had mixed success with sites like service seeking, service central, painters.com etc and was wondering what your experiences were and whether you have any plans to incorporate them as part of your business.

Personally, about 9/10 jobs that I got, I won on price. We were running low on jobs and thought it was better to do something than nothing. But in hindsight, I don’t think it was the right way to win the job because in the eyes of the client you just become a person known to do the job at a cheap price not as someone who does the job with quality.

Hope you can share experience here.

Thank you.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Pa1nter,

Although i do not have experience you are seeking advice on, i do like your thinking about chasing jobs for $$$.. this can sometimes be a critical mistake for some businesses chasing cash flow to the detriment of credible clients that you may need to pass over to fulfil.. not always a good move, especially since lots of this sort of business receives their business from referrals..

You may now be thinking, well how do i now manage a referral i get from the cheap quote job i just did without offending new business and old client??? can be awkward…

Have you considered the realestate angel? also, when doing jobs do you place boards on the main street near the job you are doing advertising you are in the area? maybe a call out for a FREE QUOTE whilst you are around??? maybe even do a short 10x10x10x10 letter box drop (thats 10 house left, 10 right, 10 back, 10 forward) around the job saying you will be in the area for the next few days and if have any queries please feel free to pop in…

Just thinking..

Good luck, look forward to seeing other replies.

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Totally Awesome
    • Total posts: 63
    Up

My son has a floor sanding business and does just that …. 10+ to the left and 10+ to the right. He also puts out his a-Frame on the footpath and his van is a billboard in itself.

Just about always gets another job because of his efforts. Sometimes months later even.

But he never compromises quality with price.
    “That’s the price and that’s it” he sticks with…. and his (excellent) work speaks for itself.
    And so often he is called in to fix someone else’s job where ‘Price’ was the deciding factor.

Let them know what makes you stand out from the other guys to justify your (higher) price.
    One guy I know includes a 6 month “You scratch I fix” warranty with each job. Very rarely does he get called ‘to fix’ but for the customer it is reassuring to know and have.

Ashman
    • Total posts: 78
    Up
    Pai1nter, post: 182951 wrote:
    Hi fellow members

I run a painting business with my husband and we are trying to find reliable ways to get business.

I have had mixed success with sites like service seeking, service central, painters.com etc and was wondering what your experiences were and whether you have any plans to incorporate them as part of your business.

Personally, about 9/10 jobs that I got, I won on price. We were running low on jobs and thought it was better to do something than nothing. But in hindsight, I don’t think it was the right way to win the job because in the eyes of the client you just become a person known to do the job at a cheap price not as someone who does the job with quality.

Hope you can share experience here.

Thank you.

Firstly, I noticed you have a domain name: allthatpainting.com.au but no website. You need to build your own website to start with.

I would also get a different domain name. A keyword domain name that includes your location and your service. This is Search Engine Optimisation basics.

I would then develop a website using SEO so you get organic traffic from google.

To start out you might pay for advertising using google adsense but you could cover the costs of this with higher paying clients.

You could showcase your previous work and use customer testimonials to show your potential clients that you’re awesome!

Pai1nter
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Really appreciate the feedback.

And I am jotting down the ideas to implement in my note book.

Ashman, post: 183027 wrote:
    Firstly, I noticed you have a domain name: allthatpainting.com.au but no website. You need to build your own website to start with.

I am building a website targeting people who want to get a touch up service (http://www.ttup.com.au) It will go live soon. May be in another fortnight? And I will be doing flyer drops around my area which will include QR codes so that they can access information via smart phone and leave their details so I can get in touch with them.

Once I figure out how to rank this page on google search on certain terms, I will figure something out for the painting site:http://www.allthatpainting.com.au. Right now I don’t really understand how websites nor SEO works. I know what they are but feel that I need to know to seek the right type of work. I’ve done plenty of reading but don’t really know how it can be applied.

My next step after getting the website done is designing a brochure for real estates around the local area and lead them into http://www.allthatpainting.com.au site with all the info. Haven’t decided whether it should be generic or real estate targeted. I want to see how http://www.ttup.com.au goes first.

Ashman
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

If I were you I would not develop any website on the domain name ttup.com.au – it has no meaning at all.

Totally Awesome
    • Total posts: 63
    Up

I gotta agree.

Real Estate agents – my experience is that they want it done cheaply and by someone who is prepared to give them first priority.

To me, a web site needs to show off the best one can do leaving the viewer thinking “WOW I gotta use this guy”.

When I operated a sprinkler installation (and handyman service which included painting) I had a photo album (this was before the internet days) of all my best work showing how well my landscaping and sprinklers looked, and how well I used colour when interior decorating.

The one that always generated a WOW was the all black bathroom with only gold fittings and trimmings. It won me quite a few high paying jobs I can assure you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.