Home – New Forums Get productive When do you check your email?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Lucy Kippist
    • Total posts: 230
    Up
    ::

Quick poll for a Monday: When as in “which part of the day” do you check your email?

1. First thing as you wake up via the phone that’s next to your bed
    2. As soon as you sit down at your desk and fire up the computer
    3. After you’ve ticked off a few items from the to-do list
    4. All of the above
    5. What email?

There are no wrong answers of course, this is all “research”.

I check mine first thing and then first time I sit down at my computer and I have recently decided this is not the most efficient way. I am now aiming for #2 in a bid to “reward” myself with an email after I’ve completed some tasks.

Now over to you, what do you do?

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Plus
    6 – when the computer goes Beep Beep.

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

When I sit down at my ‘puter in the morning then whenever I come in for a rest or meal. I don’t have internet on my phone so I am not hassled or tempted to check while I am out.

Jasonstallworth
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

I do that every morning. At evenings I usually do something more useful, like reading or listening to podcasts while exercising or working at home.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

I don’t run the native email email app on my phone continuously in alert mode. Yes I do check via phone, but try to make it less overpowering compared to my main office machine. I definitely cool down on emails a lot on weekends which is like a cleaning ritual these days :)

NatalieOrmi
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

First thing in the morning, throughout the day I will keep an eye on what is coming through just in case anything needing immediate attention comes through. Otherwise I respond in allocated slots during the day.
    I also check for any new mail before bed.

MarkJ
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi Lucy, number 2 and then periodically throughout the day

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up
    MarkJ, post: 265733, member: 114766 wrote:
    Hi Lucy, number 2 and then periodically throughout the day

Finally someone admits to checking their email in the bathroom. Thanks for your refreshing honesty Mark. :)

sumeyer
    Participant
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Honestly, it’s the first and the last thing I do when I work at my desk.

dandy2902
    Participant
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

2 and 3. I mostly spend time checking mail when I’m in work.

morganacollin
    Participant
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

None of the above, actually! I tend to check and sift through my emails after I’ve cleaned up my bed, took a shower, done my morning skin-care routine, and settled down on my work desk with coffee in hand. I’ve started doing this ever since I’ve had an experience where I had a bad email which basically ruined my entire day. Really helps that you’re settled and “ready” to receive bad news than start your day with it!

I.T. Guaranteed
    Participant
    • Total posts: 52
    Up

I live and die by my response rate as I work in I.T development & support. I silence all notifications on my phone (so that I am not disturbed) EXCEPT for emails in my contacts list and those containing certain words e.g. “Program error report” or from “@ClientsDomain.com.au”
    These notifications are also set to bug me every 5 minutes in case I am away from my phone when they first arrive.
    Other emails will get checked once per day, while eating breakfast or if I am waiting in a queue somewhere.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,341
    Up

@i-t-guaranteed – your strategy looks very well thought out and effective.

Thanks for sharing.
    Paul

Ben
    Participant
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

I don’t check my mail because there’s a lot of garbage on it, we like to do mailings nowadays and it has turned into garbage. I don’t have time to clean it up, I use other social networks to communicate with some people. And those who want to write to me, know that you should not write to the mail …

Emywilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

I did install application in my cell phone and check often when I get receive notifications. 🙂 Its pretty simple and I easily managed my official life with personal life.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.