Home – New Forums Starting your journey When does it get easier?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DANKS
    • Total posts: 134
    Up
    ::

I am an import distributor and have gone full time with my business now for 6 months ( part time while working full time for 1 year ) and boy its a roller coaster. Things are getting busier but that means more stock, more marketing more debtors… Seems like I make money and bam its gone to something else. does it ever flatten out…
    how long into your business did it take you to settle down and start earing good profits

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

About 12 months here, but in reality it will most likely take different times depending on the industry, your offering, you individual business costs, your borrowings (repayments), time of year you started (well for me), I think there are most likely a heap of variables which could impact each and every business, including business’s in the same sector.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Danks,

Every business is different, and the profitability bell curve will vary due to many factors. But one thing is for sure, the more you enjoy it the less you feel the pain.

best of luck,

Steve

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

How long is a piece of string, some people spend their entire business existence on a roller coaster. There are lots of things you can do to lessen the ups and downs it just depends on you and your ability to adapt your processes.

Liam Barnard
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hey Danks! Well according to my experience being involved in my own family business, I have come to know that as long as you are organized, your business is bound to do well. And with the amount of competition out there, it’s impossible to manage manually. And for this you need a business system management software. As it is a business practice that involves managing and optimizing the purchase, deployment, maintenance, utilization, and disposal of software applications within an organization throughout all the stages of their life cycle. AssetManagement Pro has helped me do this so far. Please don’t forget to share if you know any other software sites. Thankyou

joeljp
    • Total posts: 61
    Up

Hi Danks,

No, it never ends. However, after a while you’re start to notice the peaks and troughs, and cycles. For examples, February is always the worst month for retail, school holidays are not much good either. Then depending on what you import, leading up to Xmas you’ll be running off your feet. The thrill would be unreal and you can only wish that it could last forever. I can only say put some money away for the quiet months and plan ahead as much as possible.

Good luck,
    jj

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.