Home Forums Wellbeing & balance When stress evolved into gratitude

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    KariceGrundon
    • Total posts: 11

Today I had a real lightbulb moment. When I’m stressed it’s because there are things in my life, great, amazing, precious things that I’m grateful for and want to be able to look after. My husband, my children, my stupid cat, the car that’s not running as well as it should be, the bills to run our lovely home, and working on growing my business. If I didn’t have stress, then I wouldn’t have these things.

So I took a moment to reflect on the highlights of my last 12 months, the good, the bad and the impossible that became reality. If you’re interested in watching my short video capturing my year of gratitude please click the link! https://www.facebook.com/fcagrafton/videos/759005387559326/

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this. What stress in your life are you grateful for?

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889

Wow! Congratulations on what looks like a huge year for you guys! :)

When it comes to stress management / happiness / fulfillment etc, gratitude almost always comes up as a central element to it all.

You’re so right that the things we strive for are also the things that bring along some stress for the journey. Particularly business, where the occasional pains/stress of growing are usually just symptoms of success along the way – so we should be grateful for them.

Thanks for the reminder and have a great week!
    Cheers,
    Peter

KariceGrundon
    • Total posts: 11

Thanks Peter! My goal for this week is to record every time I have a stress moment and a reason why I am grateful for it.

You have a fantastic week also!

compassweb
    • Total posts: 6

That’s a really nice thought after a long week. I’m going to remember that. Thanks for sharing.

Burgo
    • Total posts: 2,099

The discussion topic this week at OMNi was Gratitude
    What are we grateful for apart from the usual things Parents, partners and family.
    Gratitude being Grateful for something we achieve by ourselves or with the help of others often brings stress, because we put so much effort into what ever we achieve trying to perfect the product or service to satisfy the customer. The result means Profit.
    So in actual fact stress is a healthy part of being in business.
    Too much stress is not healthy so this is where Balancing your business and family becomes ever so important.
    That being said be Grateful for the little things in life and they develop into bigger things which again brings along stress

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Burgo, post: 224011, member: 58 wrote:
    The discussion topic this week at OMNi was Gratitude
    What are we grateful for apart from the usual things Parents, partners and family.
    Gratitude being Grateful for something we achieve by ourselves or with the help of others often brings stress, because we put so much effort into what ever we achieve trying to perfect the product or service to satisfy the customer. The result means Profit.
    So in actual fact stress is a healthy part of being in business.
    Too much stress is not healthy so this is where Balancing your business and family becomes ever so important.
    That being said be Grateful for the little things in life and they develop into bigger things which again brings along stress

What a great way to start a weekend, have a great one Burgo

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731

Awesome… grateful for bananas coming down in price? :)

Sometimes I like to wind it back to being grateful that I can be grateful.

Have a great weekend all!

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889

Love this Burgo. I read something similar online this week about how our expectations rise and rise as to what we need. For example they stopped to think how amazing it was to have fresh water piped through your house and light available at the flick of a switch, yet we fall apart then the internet is patchy :)

For ages I’ve loved this rant from Louis C.K. on this topic “Everything’s amazing and nobody is happy!”

[MEDIA=youtube]uEY58fiSK8E[/MEDIA]

webbrowan
    • Total posts: 6

That’s the way to go @Karice! Never let bad figures or decreasing finances get you down. It’s important to keep as positive an attitude as you can because it really reflects in our work and how we speak to our customers. We’ll pull through somehow!

markgrogan
    • Total posts: 19

I agree that without stress, you could possibly be missing all the wonderful things in life today. The same concept is seen with success which will not be achievable without intense hard work and commitment. I am grateful for the business that I am currently running which would not have been possible if not without the help of my dedicated employees and support from my family. Initially things were just starting out and we had our fair share of hiccups, but along the way we raised our spirits and persevered forward to be standing where we are today.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.