Home – New Forums Starting your journey When To Advertise?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rgloginja
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone

I was wondering when a good time to start advertising on Google Adwords would be?

My website has been active for about three weeks (maybe even four) and I am finding it hard to get people to visit the site. It works out than, on average, only 3 adverts per week (or two) have been placed.

With the number so low, do you think it would be beneficial to advertise yet on AdWords or continue to wait (and hope and pray), that more people will stumble across it?

I have been thinking about trying to buy ‘Banner Space’ on a few websites, but would prefer to shy away from this.

Any information (or Ad Posting at my website), would be greatly appreciates.

Rob G

Wunderlust
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi Rob – I would try Google Adwords as a way to attract new visitors to a site. It really depends on how and what you are trying to sell.

Other factors to drive traffic should include building up links with other sites aned also employing some SEO techniques.

With all three measures you should atleast be able to pick up a certain level of traffic depending on what you are trying to sell and the competition around.

Tim

Adele
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

My website went live christmas eve and I am yet to use adwords or the like. If you google ‘free business listings’ there are a heap of sites you can list your site on for free some will let you have a direct link to your site and others will only let you put in name address phone number details, You can also get the basic listing in the yellow pages for free you just have to ask for it and then that will put you on yellow online as well. I am in the wedding industry so I also have other suppliers that I work with that have links on their websites to mine and visa versa. I am not remotely a techno aware person, so I hope this helps.

Wunderlust
    Up
    Adele, post: 13201 wrote:
    My website went live christmas eve and I am yet to use adwords or the like. If you google ‘free business listings’ there are a heap of sites you can list your site on for free some will let you have a direct link to your site and others will only let you put in name address phone number details, You can also get the basic listing in the yellow pages for free you just have to ask for it and then that will put you on yellow online as well. I am in the wedding industry so I also have other suppliers that I work with that have links on their websites to mine and visa versa. I am not remotely a techno aware person, so I hope this helps.
    Do you get much traffic / exposrue from these directoriy listsing out of curiosity?
    Adele
    Up

90% of my traffic is via direct link in email/bookmark or typing in my name into google so my word of mouth approach is very effective, but the other 10% comes from a business listing on a wedding website, hotfrog and links on other wedding suppliers sites but apparently (and I am no expert) the more sites that link back to your website the ‘more important’ the google search ‘thing’ thinks your website is and it improves your google rankings so your keywords and phrases will get you up the list on google. any web experts feel free to correct me

Wunderlust
    Up
    Adele, post: 13203 wrote:
    but apparently (and I am no expert) the more sites that link back to your website the ‘more important’ the google search ‘thing’ thinks your website is and it improves your google rankings so your keywords and phrases will get you up the list on google. any web experts feel free to correct me
    Correct – have more quality inbound links and google along with other search engines will value your resource more highly, this is just one metric on how google will measure importance however, there is also such metrics as how long each visitor stays on your site for and what the content actually is! So many variables – its a bit of a game really.
    rgloginja
    Up

So let me get this right before I hand over my credit card details – AdWords is the way to go?

With only a small budget, it predicts that it will drive approx. 100 new visitors to my site each day. This isn’t that many but over a period of months, this should add up (and not just the amount of visitors, but users as well).

Do you think this number is too small and should I increase the budget to double (or more)?

Rob G

Adele
    rgloginja
    Up

Thanks – I remember seeing this when It was first posted.

I have sent a message via website. Should I wait for (and/or pay for) SEO before undertaking an AdWords campaign?

Rob G

Adele
    Up

6 months worth of free SEO Will give you the stats to make your adwords worth as much as they can be, You will be able to see the key words and phrases people have used to find you then the most popular ones you can use as your ad words, food for thought anyway. Some of the phrases people use to find me have been surprising, you may find the same

2983#deleted
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    rgloginja, post: 13193 wrote:
    Hi Everyone

I was wondering when a good time to start advertising on Google Adwords would be?

Doing a PPC campaign immediately is a good idea before doing SEO, for it proves to you which keyphrases are being searched. The AdWords tool will tell you roughly which keyphrases were popular last month, but there’s no substitute for your own research.

It sounds as though the problem is a lack of interest in the search terms used, i.e. people aren’t typing the terms you thought best described your site. Look at competitors keywords (view source sometimes helps) and see if you missed some phrases.

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Adwords can be a great way to evaluate the best keywords for future SEO efforts and indeed a great way to make money without relying on SEO but you do need to know what you are doing.

We see folks lose a ton of money on it because they THINK they know what they’re doing. I jest you not – we’ve seen photographers who though that ‘photos’ was a good keyword and a model dealer who thought ‘model’ and ‘awesome’ were appropriate keywords!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.