Home – New Forums Starting your journey When to stop with backup part-time work and just do it

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    RichLucas
    • Total posts: 46
    Up
    ::

Cheers Paul!

Peter Watson
    • Total posts: 98
    Up

I worked a full time job while getting my own online business off the ground back in 2004. I continued working my full time job and running my own business up until 2011. I loved doing both and was able to manage my time in a manner which allowed me to perform at a high level for both myself and my employer.

I only left once it wasn’t worth me going to work for my employer from a financial perspective. My own business was killing it, and it simply wasn’t worth my time going to work.

My advice is if you enjoy doing both, continue for as long as you feel like. Everyone one and every niche is different.

RichLucas
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

Thanks Peter. Sounds like you had great focus and a healthy mindset allowing you to balance the two jobs effectively. Being inundated with work is a great reason to take off on your own!

MYOK
    Participant
    • Total posts: 146
    Up
    RichLucas, post: 222222, member: 66557 wrote:
    Thanks all for your input and insights.

Just thought you’d like to know that I’ve backed myself this time and as of end-October am going it alone. A few little private announcements to friends, family and peers have been met with much support and enthusiasm.

Congratulations on making the decision, Richard. It’s always a relief. Good luck with the journey ahead.

MD Clean
    Participant
    • Total posts: 308
    Up

Wow, did it the NIKE way huh? Congrats and I wish you every success Richard.

MD Clean
    Participant
    • Total posts: 308
    Up

Also, now that you have done it, have you checked out the socialtriggers.com page?

Lots of great info and the owner even has a video course product that might help.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.