Home – New Forums Starting your journey Where are some good places to get ideas for a buisness concepts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

MissieK
    • Total posts: 234
    Up

I didn’t really research! I just put up a site and started, within 6 months, I had over 100 people sign up! I also constantly moniter what I’m offering and make changes as needed.

Sorry, guess I’m not much help…

Melissa

Jmikami
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Seachange,
    Google is great for researching anything of course but I can highly recommend reading books on other successful business owners experiences. Try the Telstra Businesswomen series of books. Or try Tim Ferris’ 4 hour work week – lots of ideas in there.

Good luck and let us know how you go!
    Kind regards
    Jackie

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

A fantastic resource is Amazon …. look for your ideas there… it’s easier to sell to where there is an existing market rather than create a market , so lots of books means consumer interest …. look at the book reviews to see what people are saying is not being answered and fill that gap!!

mike@engagemarketing
    • Total posts: 300
    Up

I find that the best ideas come to me when im out in the city relaxing.

Spending the day interacting with people in the CBD or sitting and watching the world can help you come up with all sorts of ideas. Have a notebook handy if you tend to be a bit forgetful (the amount of times i’ve had a good idea and forgotten it!!).

Also make sure your not too stressed as that tends to inhibit creative thinking.

Hope that helps!
    Mike

harrybusiness
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Forums are the places where we can get suggestions and tips from the experts and concerned people. when dealing with internet business marketing this information will help in many ways.

sarachamberlain
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

If you have not already spent hours in the land of Springwise- check it our. Springwise and trendsetter.com will get your inspirational juices flowing. Are you looking for brand new ideas or developing an existing idea?

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

If you are seriously looking for a seachange, then I can recommend the cleaning industry. Easy to get into , inexpensive to set up and cash money. Not only that you get a gym workout with every job. You get very fit very quick and get paid for becoming so.
    Definately beats working for a living

harrybusiness
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Few places where we can get ideas for a business concepts are:

1. Forums are the places where we can discussions going on about any topic. By participating in those discussions we can ask any questions or can give any suggestions.
    2. Blogs here we get latest news about the business concepts.
    3. And also there are various site which gives us ideas about business concepts.
    Thanks,
    http://www.smallbusinessmarketingstrategies.com/

Linda Cerzs
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Hello All:
    In my opinion Google is the biggest library in the entire world; you could find almost whatever you want.
    Good luck with your research!
    Linda Cerzs
    New York

SteveDavidson
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

I tend to look for things which annoy/slow/disadvantage me or other people and then think about ways to fix, diminish, outsource or address that problem.

This doesn’t just lead to businesses like domestic cleaning or political lobbying, but everything from better car engines (less fuel / better performance) to corporate training (better-informed and faster-working employees) to spam filters to USB-capable computer monitors to cheaper ANYTHING to new ways to produce an existing product faster to better recycling to call waiting and so on.

Tristan Boyd
    • Total posts: 55
    Up

http://www.killerstartups.com is also an interesting site. If you are interested in internet business ideas.

Another way to find opportunities is by comparing different countries and identifying fashion or products that are succesful in one, but have not yet reached another.

For example, the classic Aussie thong, sold in every chemist, supermarket and surf shop in Auatralia in various styles. Three years ago, you could not buy one in Austria. (I spend soem time there). It was the same with board shorts. At the time my wife said to me “let’s start importing thongs and board shorts to Austria”. We didn’t, but someone else did and now they are in every store.

Just a thought.

ryanchadwick
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Here are two ideas I can suggest.

http://ideagenerator.creativitygames.net
    Go here at least once a day and grab a few words and images. Move them around, refresh them, resize them and just let your mind wander. You’d be amazed how many ideas you come up with when you do this for a few minutes every day.

http://creativitygames.net/loopy-logos
    I’m posting a new logo here every weekday for a fictional company. Your aim is to come up with a slogan for it. It can again provide you with good doses of inspiration.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.