Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Where can I post my flyer/poster?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    aprilbiz
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi. I have some flyers and posters that need to be distributed. But because my service is quite specific (children related), and also I’m on budget, I’m only looking for venues where I can display the marketing materials for free.

I thought of contacting the libraries and community centres as I thought they would reach the target audience best. Unfortunately, these venues don’t accept for profit marketing materials. I’ve also contacted sports centres and child care centres, but because they are managed by others, I can’t distribute the flyers there, either.

Can someone give me some ideas where else I could possibly distribute my marketing materials for free (to reach the parents most importantly)?

Thanks.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Sometimes local shops allow local businesses to display flyers>

You could also reach out to those that have rejected your attempts and ask them for ideas… some people want to help but their rules don’t allow them to.

aprilbiz
    Up

Hi Vansy,
    Thanks for your suggestion. I have started working on Facebook. I can’t do Instagram because it’s services. Maybe I can do infographics on Pinterest. It’s going to take some time to gain followers using social media. Also, they may not be my customers because my service is local. I already use relevant keywords on my posts and I’ve set the audience location. I’m trying to connect with others (like parent bloggers) but again, it takes time to find them. I find that the most popular accounts tend not to use hashtags but somehow they manage to engage the audience. I’d love to hear if you have tips on how to get followed by relevant people. Thanks!

aprilbiz
    Up

Hi Paul,
    I have thought of contacting local shops (toy shops, kids clothing, family doctors, etc). I’ve looked around but I haven’t seen any that displays third party’s poster or flyer. But I’ll give it a try. Thanks for your suggestion.

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

Here’s a list of parenting blogs. It’s rather old and the website isn’t being updated any more but many of them are still blogging.
    Blog Chicks

aprilbiz
    Up

Hi SuzsSpace, I came across Blog Chicks some time ago while trying to list my blog, but the contact form didn’t work. Somebody else already made a comment on their Facebook page but it was not responded, either. Is the blog site no longer maintained?

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

That’s right, it’s no longer maintained. I suggest you look at the blogs, go to their websites and contact them directly. That was the reason I shared it with you.

talart
    • Total posts: 68
    Up

To me the feet on the pavement method with flyers is effective. Have been doing it virtually every second day since before xmas in a market specific area. For your business, once the holiday season is over or before if it is possible putting flyers on cars at parent locations, ie pre schools. swimming lessons I do not know where you would find the specific target market for your services. Find where the parents gather and that is the place to do it.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    talart, post: 243122, member: 85074 wrote:
    For your business, once the holiday season is over or before if it is possible putting flyers on cars at parent locations, ie pre schools. swimming lessons.

Follow this approach only if you are happy to be caught under the littering laws in some states.

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up
    aprilbiz, post: 242454, member: 46720 wrote:
    Hi Vansy,
    Thanks for your suggestion. I have started working on Facebook. I can’t do Instagram because it’s services. Maybe I can do infographics on Pinterest. It’s going to take some time to gain followers using social media. Also, they may not be my customers because my service is local. I already use relevant keywords on my posts and I’ve set the audience location. I’m trying to connect with others (like parent bloggers) but again, it takes time to find them. I find that the most popular accounts tend not to use hashtags but somehow they manage to engage the audience. I’d love to hear if you have tips on how to get followed by relevant people. Thanks!

You probably need to consider paying to boost your FB posts. You can target your demographic in great detail (location, age, sex, interests). Even $5 to $10 a day might get you some cut through depending on the product.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    360pro
    Up

I’m not sure if this has been suggested but most maternal health centres have a board for flyers.

Bushmechanic
    • Total posts: 85
    Up

What about the good ole letterbox drop?
    Ream of paper = $5
    Printer ink =$20-30
    Pair of scissors =$2
    = 1500 100mm x 300mm approx leaflets
    Exercise gained in delivery = priceless.

danielsidhom
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Find out when parent teacher night is for each local school on their website and distribute on surrounding vehicles at each location around the time.

Drive to ToysRus, BabysRus, Baby Kingdom carparks on a busy day and distribute on surrounding vehicles. Especially ones with “Baby on Board” or with stick family stickers :)

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    danielsidhom, post: 244055, member: 68156 wrote:
    Find out when parent teacher night is for each local school on their website and distribute on surrounding vehicles at each location around the time.

Drive to ToysRus, BabysRus, Baby Kingdom carparks on a busy day and distribute on surrounding vehicles. Especially ones with “Baby on Board” or with stick family stickers :)

Its a breach of littering laws in Victoria and NSW, but most likely other states as well

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.