Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Where did you find your accountant? Marketing ideas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Redlands Accounting
    • Total posts: 53
    Up
    ::

I have just started my own accounting practice based from home. As I dont have the visual benefits of having a commercial office I thought I would ask where you found your accountant.

I am aware that once you have an established client base the majority of work comes from referrals and I have been approached by several marketing firms but am not sure the best way to go. Leaflet drops worked well where I used to live but here we get inundated and to be honest I throw all of mine straight in the bin.

Most businesses on here would have an accountant so I thought I would ask…Where did you look to find your accountant?

Helen

Redlands Accounting and Taxation

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

My first accountant was a referral from a client. He was no good.
    My second accountant was a referral from a friend. He was also no good.
    My current account was a referral from my bookkeeper. He’s pretty good.

Redlands Accounting
    Up
    bluepenguin, post: 118803 wrote:
    My first accountant was a referral from a client. He was no good.
    My second accountant was a referral from a friend. He was also no good.
    My current account was a referral from my bookkeeper. He’s pretty good.

And accountants always LOVE bookkeeper referrals as most of the time the books are kept in a decent state :-)

nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

If you’re an accountant looking for new customer please consider registering on our FREE partner page here:

http://www.nominal.com.au/partners

Our customers use the partner directory to seek assistance and we also send followup emails with the nearest accountant.

Its FREE

Redlands Accounting
    Up
    nominal, post: 118810 wrote:
    If you’re an accountant looking for new customer please consider registering on our FREE partner page here:

http://www.nominal.com.au/partners

Our customers use the partner directory to seek assistance and we also send followup emails with the nearest accountant.

Its FREE

Have registered on your website however I think you need to review your form. I was going through internet explorer and the side menu was black. I could only see what was on each thing if I clicked on it. Would love to have a look through your product. I have previously been an accredited partner with Quicken and love Quickbooks, tolerate MYOB.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

I found my accountant (from memory) through either True Local or Yellow Pages- it was definitely by searching “accountant” + “suburb”, as I wanted someone local to me. Hope this helps :)

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Funnily enough, I found my accountant through Flying Solo :)

We both attended a networking catch-up and she was just starting to fly solo. Was happy to let her work with us, and have been very happy ever since.

Local networking events, chamber of commerce etc. are a good way to get your name out there.

Also, even though you are inundated with flyers, it is coming up to EOFY, so it now has more relevance than the mattress or local fishing shop flyer :)

G4K
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

We found ours through a referral. He started as our personal accountant and now does the business too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.