Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Where do I find them

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Sign Here Graphix
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    ::

After 12 months of taking business my seriously (It previously operated out of the garage at home and I had another job, so I was happy with any refferal) I think I have worked out who I would like my clients and customers to be, but have no idea of how to target them.

I see my business as being perfectly situated to service the “Start-up” business market and grow my business as my clients grow theirs.

I have had a fair bit of success just by placing a business card under the doors of shops and offices with a For Lease sign up, working on the premise that when they are let I stand a pretty good chance of getting a call, but I want (read need) to ramp things up as now I have rent on a factory and all of the associated costs with operating my own premises. I would also like to increase my earnings (Call me greedy)

To this end, I have just engaged a web designer to build a new site and I have been updating the Sign Here Graphix facebook page.

But how do I reach all of those people who are in the process of setting themselves up and in need of the services and products Sign Here Graphix can provide?

RBB
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Your work looks awesome. I’m not surprised you’ve had to kick things up a notch & move into bigger premises. And great idea with the business cards under empty shop front doors!

I’m wondering if your target market is just local? Or do you have packages for business cards, uniforms & other promo material etc that a business anywhere in Australia could order from you?

Is there a reason why you’re sticking just with start-up’s? I know you mentioned you prefer them (guess they need everything from start to finish!) but you do all the things an existing business would need too.

Sign Here Graphix
    Up

Thanks for the feedback,

I don’t only want to deal with start ups, I look forward to a future of dealing with SME’s, being their “go to” guy for all things branding. Sign Here Graphix is about removing the pain for SME’s to get their branding right.

I have determined that I am not going to pursue the large retail roll out market for a number of reasons, not least that is where every one else seems to be going, and the workload becomes a real strain on recources.

My parents have a saying from the old country, “Small fish are sweet” and I would rather have 1000 clients worth $100 each to me every year, rather than 1 client worth $100,000 once.

My main point is that I just don’t know how to find these people prior to them contacting me. Where are most small business owners looking for what I do?

I still don’t know how to define the business and I invite anyone to provide suggestions, It isn’t just signs, it isn’t just clothing and apparel. How do I describe what Sign Here Graphix does other than saying that we are like Sign-a-Rama, Embroid me and Snap Printing all under one roof?

Melanie Miller Biz Coach
    • Total posts: 90
    Up

Hi Sign Here Graphics,

Have you tried visiting a BNI chapter. It has been my biggest source of business (my target market is a bit different to yours) but we have a LOT of new businesses or businesses looking to get serious (needing complete branding because they went for the cheap nasty option when they started up).

If you find a chapter with a small business accountant and a web designer you should find they can refer quite a bit of business to you.

My first BNI meeting was awful – it seemed really strange and a bit cheesy as it is quite “american” but then I started making money and now I love it!

http://www.bni.com.au

Good luck!
    Melanie
    http://www.agent99hq.com.au

WhatsThePlanDan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 297
    Up

It wasn’t clear from your website whether you provide a full design service – but if you don’t (or even perhaps if you do) maybe you can approach some graphic designers about a strategic (or just a referral) partnership. If you can find a designer who suits your style and who prefers to simply design and then send their clients elsewhere for printing, etc then you could be on to a real winner. And you could also free up your time a little by sending them your design work.

Cheers
    Daniel

Sign Here Graphix
    Up

Thanks for the heads up Melanie,

I have sent an enquiry to a local chapter today.

Dan, I hear you loud and clear. The website is currently undergoing a redesign to make it clearer about all the things Sign Here Graphix can do for SME’s.

I have toyed with this idea and will probably start exploring it as a definite marketing strategy once the website is looking better.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

Also remember that most people won’t call you. They might shop around or take few weeks, maybe months.

Ask your webdesigner what training they have on lead generation and conversion strategies and how they plan to get your website to work like a 24 hour salesperson. Ask them what they know about writing influential communications.

If they give you a blank stare, tread carefully. You could be wasting your hard earned money on a glorified online brochure – that wont’ make you an income.

You need to have a lead capture system in place so you can get prospect contact details and follow up regularly (8-12 contacts) with meaningful information until they are ready to buy.

This is the difference between roller coaster income and comfortable living.

Ofcourse, people won’t give up their contact details unless you have something to give in exchange like a report.

I know this is highly irregular in the world of “positive” thinking but the more you talk issues and problems, the more people are likely to sign up for info.

Do this right and you can create good income in 4 – 12 weeks.

ScarlettR
    • Total posts: 396
    Up

I’d say target meetings. Start networking around your city. Like the BNI meetings, and in Melbourne next week there is the Melbourne Small Business Expo:

http://homebizconnect.org.au/event/melbourne/

I’d write down all of the events going on over the next year in my city and plan for all of them. Set goals for meeting a specific number of people to introduce myself to and have follow ups on every single one of them.

Sign Here Graphix
    Up
    ScarlettR, post: 157633 wrote:
    I’d say target meetings. Start networking around your city. Like the BNI meetings, and in Melbourne next week there is the Melbourne Small Business Expo:

http://homebizconnect.org.au/event/melbourne/

I’d write down all of the events going on over the next year in my city and plan for all of them. Set goals for meeting a specific number of people to introduce myself to and have follow ups on every single one of them.

Hi Scarlett,

Yes I booked my tickets only yesterday for my wife and I. I have also ssent an enquiry through to one of the local BNI chapters.

Feel free to introduce yourself if you see me at the Expo, I will be the Big ugly bloke wearing a Sign Here Graphix Shirt.

Thanks for the help.

Captain Simmo
    • Total posts: 110
    Up

The most important question should be what can i do for my potential clients… the best answer that i have discovered is by offering them a solution to there problem.

Any business owner (start up, growth or even established) is interest in one thing only… profit.

Therfore, your marketing should be focused on making your potential clients more profit. Instead of marketing a list of services which everyone does (you are selling a commodity and the only difference will be based on price) you should be offering idea’s and promotions that will either generate more clients or create more profit per sale (cross sell, upsell).

In my opinion, most business owners fall into the trap of thinking everyone knows what they do and what they can offer them. In this crazy economy, people won’t do anything unless they are given the idea with an easy step by step solution that will not only help there business but give them an prompt ROI.

If you are focusing on branding for example… you need to be at the top of your field and target the top 5 – 10% of business that have the cashflow to do a complete branding exercise. For the majority of businesses they will want results and want them now… even though they don’t usually know how to express this effectively… this is what they are after.

Start up’s are great as they usually don’t have a plan… give them guidance, followed by results that creates a viable business for them and you have a long term client.

I look forward to seeing your new website.

Simmo.

Sign Here Graphix
    Up
    Captain Simmo, post: 157830 wrote:
    The most important question should be what can i do for my potential clients… the best answer that i have discovered is by offering them a solution to there problem.

Start up’s are great as they usually don’t have a plan… give them guidance, followed by results that creates a viable business for them and you have a long term client.

I look forward to seeing your new website.

Simmo.

I couldn’t agree with these two statements more.

What I have discovered is that not only can I provide guidance, but Sign Here Graphix removes the running around and the hit and miss of trying to achieve a consistent message though multiple vendors.

Instead of running all over town and having to have artwork in a variety of forms and trying to coordinate what each vendor is going to do, I can assist startups develop their branding image without the expense often associated with developing a branding manual as it is done from day 1 across a number of different mediums.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.