Home – New Forums Starting your journey Where do you find business opportunities?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    ClareS
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    ::

If you wanted to start a small business, or a home business, where would you look to find opportunities?
    This is in relation to opportunities that are low start up cost and you can operate from home.
    Online and offline sources are both welcome!

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Hi Clare,

Are you referring to an “out of the box” business – Or something like Avon?

– Jake

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

There are millions of opportunities all around you.

In every industry there is always something others havent thought of.

Neich markets that have been ignored or overlooked.

Think outside the square and start using your immagination and I possitive what you are looking for is right infront of you.

You know the saying ” Look and you will find” it applies to everthing in life.

businesstrader
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

Try to find an opportunity in an industry you have interest in or even better, experience!

Another good idea is to search for already existing businesses which are for sale like the Business Trader website in my sig.

Buying an already established buiness is usually a much safer option compared to starting one from scratch.

I hope this helps.

Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up

Beware “work from home 2 hours per week and earn ridiculous amount of money”.

It’s a matter of offering your skills as a service, or sell products which are in demand and not over catered for.

mark_xpnsit
    • Total posts: 140
    Up

There are quite a few australian websites that sell existing businesses, just do a search for buy a business and they’ll come up. You can also look for commission only type jobs on jobs websites. However if you want to create a long-term sustainable income, creating your ‘own’ business is the way to go in my opinion

businesstrader
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

If you have a great, unique business idea which currently does not exist in the market or has little competition in the market, then building this business yourself should be seriously considered.

But as I mentioned earlier, the safest option is buying an already established business.

As mark_xpnsit suggested, Google the term ‘buy a business’ and these top websites will be the best place to start.

(my business actually ranks #1 for this term).

Ben27
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hey

i think the best places to find profitable opportunities is to take a look around you, what services or consumable’s have you had real trouble finding in your area, chances are if you are looking for them so are other people and there is no doubt they are having the same trouble finding them too, so create that business and service them.

the other is pick a business that services your area but delivers poor customer service that people hate but these no one else in town, create there competitor
    and offer great customer service and add value to there clients.

just a quick two that were in my head, good luck on finding your niche.

Ben.

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

Go to the head honcho of any company. I guarantee they got at least 1000 problems to solve. :)

marvelit
    • Total posts: 169
    Up

I used hobbies to find mine.

I feel it is alot easier to have an interested in something, then try monetise it.

For example, I dont think I could sell toilet paper, plain and simply because I am not passionate about it. I think this really helps you drive your business and make it successful.

sadgrove
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Think about the skills you have.

For example, if you were interested in interior design, you could become an interior designer. If you like writing, you could become a copywriter.

ArmBusinesswarrior
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

I agree. I think that is the most basic thing a person should think of in deciding what career or business he is planning to work on.

jonnie
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Couldnt agree more. Do what you enjoy, and the rest will follow.

Regards Jon

mexham
    • Total posts: 302
    Up

This might sound a bit cheesy but I often find good business opportunities just come to me when I am open to them.

Find some time away from distractions, somewhere relaxing and quiet and just kind of day dream. Its amazing how many ideas pop into your mind. If you are wanting business ideas, try reading a business book or motivation book also, and you may find yourself stopping every few minutes as the information given in the book may help you generate your own ideas.

I usually then google the ideas I come up with and sometimes no-one else has done it yet, it is being done poorly or there is still room in the market.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Why buy when you can create your own unique business.

Follow your heart, for the head confuses the issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.