Home – New Forums Tech talk where is the best place to learn affiliate marketing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    skywalker
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    ::

or more to the point, can it be learnt from internet sites.

not having an it background i find it difficult to grasp the language, and can you make a reasonable income from it??

I would be interested in anyone who can suggest some ideas or other options ??

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi again skywalker,

Some of these articles on affiliate marketing from our contributor Steve Ford would make interesting reading for you, I think.

Hope they help,
    Jayne

Garenius
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

A good friend of mine runs this blog, which details a lot of things about affiliate marketing. You should check it out if you have some time.

ray_223
    • Total posts: 594
    Up
    iandille, post: 0 wrote:
    [snip]Check out this website for more details http://superaffiliatehandbook.com/?hop=cindylikes#order.

Was this a subtle lesson in affiliate marketing ;)

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

affiliate marketing has little to do with IT background. Many web designers and IT analysts who are broke because they think they understand internet or affiliate marketing. Many (Corproate) marketers make the same mistake thinking they know marketing.

The technicalities are secondary. There are too many people who can do it on the cheap. why reinvent the wheel?

What you need to understand are the different strategies to attract, motivate and turn affiliates into your long term sales force.

It is similar to hiring commission only sales people and the ones that do exceptionally well give a “push button” strategy to their affiliates like templates so they would spend their time and energy on you than others.

The reward is critical. most go as high as 50% but the ones who are banking the profits give up to 90%. why? because they are using affiliates to gain a customer for life so they can offer different products and services including ones that others offer.

The sales covers the cost so it’s really a lead generation technique that is free or subsidised cost as you are leveraging someone else’s channel.

You also need to understand your market and the affiliates motivation so you don’t attract the wrong type and kill your brand or reputation.

Stop thinking about selling products. Think like a customer. what would you want or need to hear to receive ongoing information that will eventually warm you up to become a customer – for life?

I have to also say that the best affiliate marketers are master copywriters. So again, we have web designers and “creatives” who do not use a systematic and formulaic approach to copywriting which is why their work is smart and funny for all but doesn’t convert prospects so what’s the point?

affiliate marketing like all marketing is not a race. It’s a journey. the best place to start is anywhere and once you learn, you can invest in a coaching programme to improve or better yet, get an affiliate manager and put them in a coaching programme. :)

affiliate marketing is but one tool like a hammer. Often, you need more than one tool to build a house or anything really. same goes for social media, direct mail, web, mobile, newsletter, etc. They are all but tools and if you only have one tool in your toolbox., you will never have a completed job or meaningful results.

hope this helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.