Home – New Forums Starting your journey Where to find a Mentor in sydney

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Safe Skies
    • Total posts: 202
    Up
    ::

Hi All

I am starting a business and could really do with a experienced head to have a chat to and offer some advice.

Is there a place to meet people like this???

Any advice on this would be great.

Many thanks and great forum

FletcherTax
    • Total posts: 347
    Up

Hi

Can I ask what you do and/or what you need help with and I can maybe recommend some potentials?

Fletcher Tax Accountants
    http://www.fletchertaxaccountants.com.au

Accounts Studio
    • Total posts: 516
    Up

You could try Robert Gerrish (father of Flying Solo) – he is a business coach and excellent I hear

Safe Skies
    Up

Thanks so far guys..

I am in the wholesale business and sell into retail shops and stores..

I hope this helps

Many thanks

Ideatesters
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Sydney Bloke,
    you could also drop into your Business Enterprise Centre, they have experienced mentors in all manner of operations and the advice they give can help you, they have many courses that are free to members or cost very little and also they have networking breakfasts that you can use to build awareness of your offer and also meet people in similar businesses so that you can gain from their experience

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

Hi Sydney Bloke

We mentor a number of our clients by using a Balanced Scorecard approach that covers the four quadrants of every business; finance & management accounting, sales & marketing, internal systems & processes, the direction & evolution of your business.

Safe Skies
    Up

Hi all

Thanks you for your replys.

I have booked in to speak to the Business Enterprise Centre mentor next friday, so very happy about that.

I Will let you know how this goes as it may benefit others, if can be a very lonely path running your own business..

many thanks again

G

FinSpec
    • Total posts: 54
    Up

Best of luck with the BEC next week, looking forward to seeing how it goes for you.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

So G
    How did you go with BEC, get any good advice.

Safe Skies
    Up

Hi burgo

nice to meet the other day….

Had a good meeting with the guy there, i went over what i had benn doing and he also come up with a few good ideas.

I will have a chat with my business partner regarding some of them this week.

But for now its back to the phones for me

Speak soon mate

G

Freedomskyz
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

It’s important to find a mentor or coach that believes in your idea. Five years ago I was doing small business workshops run by a government based organisation. Two of the workshop trainers very obviouly thought my idea was ridiculous and I went through the workshops feeling quite humiliated. But I still have the same idea and passion so I’m determined to try it. The most annoying thing is that very few others were doing what I dreamt up all those years ago but now there are quite a few similar businesses.
    Ask the universe to send you the right mentor for you.

LMK
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

we’ve just signed up an ACTION coach – paying through the teeth…but i have to say worth every cent.

Accounts Studio
    • Total posts: 516
    Up

These guys are fantastic and absolutely worth the relatively small fee
    Your Business Success Coaching Program (based on the TV show of the same name) – Business Coaching, DVDs, workbooks covering Marketing, Sales, Finance, Staff, Strategy, Business Planning and Operations. A fantastic resource featuring strategies from some of Australia’s best business minds. http://www.yourbusinesssuccess.com.au/testimonials

WAHM
    • Total posts: 117
    Up

I recently attended the Young Entrepreneurs Stepping Up Program which was brilliant and had some amazing mentors.

Website details can be found here http://www.smallbiz.nsw.gov.au/initiatives/young/pages/steppingup.aspx

Entry fee for the Young Entrepreneurs program is $200.00. The NSW Government makes an additional contribution $1,250.00. Entry into the Advance program is $2,500.00 and the NSW Government matches that with an additional $2,500.00.

Good Luck

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.