Home – New Forums Starting your journey Where to from here?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    littlemisslacey
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all,
    I am new here just joined today and am so glad i found this site. Ok a little about myself I am a stay at home mum of 3 and 4 months ago decided to start designing a childrens clothing label and came up with littlemisslacey (my daughters name) I begun selling on ebay in australia then trademe in nz and now have a webpage on facebook that i also take orders through. I am still really quite small but slowly growing and getting busier I have begun to import things from china and also ebay us e.g hairbows and headbands. I dont really know where im headed and if i need and ABN ect.. How much I can earn on ebay before I should pay tax? I really dont want to be doing anything illegal want it all to be on the straight and narrow. Also want to get into the market of supplying other boutiques with my products. some help or advice would be greatly appreciated. my webpage address is http://www.facebook.com/littlemisslacey some feedback would be awesome. Because things are realy small I dont have the cash to even buy my trademark name but am hopeful that I will beable to this year some time.

Hugh Thyer
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

Your best source of income will be people who have already bought.

Make sure you’re collecting their email addresses AND physical addresses, then send them emails on new offerings and physically send them catalogs in the mail on a regular basis too.

That’s because they fit your ideal profile:
    – They have kids at the age of your clothes
    – They want what you’re selling
    – They’re willing to pay money for what you’re selling
    – They’re willing to pay YOU money for what you’re selling.

Not doing everything to mine this valuable resource will be the biggest mistake you can make.

Hugh

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi littlemisslacey,
    Welcome to Flying Solo :)

Sounds like you’ve made a great start there. Hugh’s advice is spot on (as always!), and I’m sure someone will be along any time now to help with your ABN etc questions.

Meanwhile, good luck to you and your new business,
    Best wishes,
    Jayne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.