Home Forums New here? Share your story Where to start??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gem92
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hey guys!
    I’m hoping to get some tips on where to start with my small business. I’m hoping to start up a fairy floss cart for weddings and other events but I’m feeling very overwhelmed with where to start and I’m having trouble finding the info I need on the internet.
    Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction with what licenses, permits, insurances ect I would need? Or even just the best person to speak to in regards to starting this up?
    I’m in QLD.
    I’m very appreciative with any help I can get.
    Thanks!

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

Assuming you have done your basic marketing research to find out whether your business might be viable. Your first point of call will be the government regulation website for your state. Unless you are working in a kitchen of a wedding venue I guess you would be classed as a mobile food business. https://www.business.qld.gov.au/industries/hospitality-tourism-sport/food/food-beverage/regulations

Then you need to contact your local council for their regulations. Usually they are very helpful.

I suppose the next thing would be to get your food safety certificates 1 and 2.

All this info is easily found so you probably already have done that, what is the info you are having trouble finding?

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Public liability insurance, and you will need to check with the venues what their minimum requirement is.

UmarBatchelor
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Find a good accountant and he’ll be able to guide you with most of initial setting up work so that you can focus on the part of the business you like doing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.