Home Forums Starting your journey Which business name is most eye catching

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Sarahlove
    • Total posts: 2

I’ve a few business names I’m trying to choose between. it’s for an online baby hampers business.
    Which business name would you go for? Your recommendation would be really appreciated

Sugarplumbabyhampers

Bitsyboobabyhampers

Bitsyboobabybox

Cuddlesandbliss

Classic baby box

Cuddlybliss

Birdie and bloom

Majestic pony

Plush baby box

Sweet peas

Itsyboo

Cuddlebliss

Aubury lane

Amore Baby

Baby Amore

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,183

I would be inclined to choose a shorter rather than a longer name.

Cheers
    Paul

UmarBatchelor
    • Total posts: 26

I agree…the one that came to me first is Cuddlybliss

Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,560

Hampers by Sarah Love

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
    JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344

I prefer a shorter name too (says me with the really long company name haha), and not one that’s too descriptive (e.g. plush baby box). A descriptive name like this can be more difficult to ultimately protect as exclusively yours.

It can be helpful to check out the availability of your short list of names as a business name, domain name, social media profile names and trade marks. You want to make sure your chosen name doesn’t infringe trade marks but also that ultimately your chosen name can be registered as a business name/domain name etc. Sometimes checking availability across those platforms will help shorten the list.

OliverCivic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 12

I agree with the others — pick something that’s short, that is available as a domain and on Instagram etc (something like https://www.namecheckr.com/ can help) and that gives you space to grow — you might only be doing hampers now, but that could change in a year or two.

If you want me to pick something particular — either Cuddlybliss (if it’s mainly soft toys or Aubury Lane (if it’s a bit higher end).

Moola88
    • Total posts: 5

Definitely 5th one

eagleeye
    • Total posts: 31

Dave Gillen, Flying Solo Concierge I reckon has nailed it.

Hampers by Sarah Love

As almost everything is massively competitive – you need something unique that no one can copy. There is one thing that we all have that no one can copy and that is ourselves.

No one can copy Sarah Love. You are unique and this aspect sets you apart from your competitors. Then focus your business around your uniqueness.

This immediately gets you ahead of the pack.

Keep it generic as ‘Hampers’ by Sarah Love only and then you can branch out to include not just baby hampers when your business explodes due to your unique marketing focus. ( :

Harrison2196

I like Baby Amore, however I agree with the unique nature of ‘Hampers’ by Sarah Love.

Not that Baby Amore is an established brand in India as seen at https://www.babyamore.in/. It’s a different market but might be hard to rank for the search term on Google (depending on how engrained the other Baby Amore is).

sumeyer
    Participant
    • Total posts: 9

I like Amore Baby / Baby Amore.
    Some of these name ideas are really too long.

rocking-m
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3

I think people spend too much time caught up in naming their company vs. building it.

In this case I would ask if you ever plan to expand beyond hampers, if you do a majority of these names become obsolete. My advice would be to start with a simple name and focus on marketing and growth, if you have a product that people want at a good value the name isn’t really important.

wanderer55
    Participant

Short name with three syllables only.
    I think Sweet Peas will infringe Popeye copyright.
    Baby Amore is the best pick, but not Amore Baby. It’s back to front.
    Aubrey Lane is an excellent business name, but has no baby reference.
    Majestic Pony is more for 10 year olds.
    Birdie and Bloom is a maybe.
    What ever name you choose has to roll off the tongue, hence my reference to three syllables.
    I think you have to have the word baby in the name.
    Good Luck.

wanderer55
    Participant

Just thinking a bit more about Aubury Lane.
    I misspelled it before.
    It is a really good business name. The first thing into my mind was tea towells and Manchester.
    Do some serious investigation around the name and grab it as a business name and domain name if it doesn’t already exist.
    Hold onto the name and just sell online tea towells and the like, then sell the business name / domain names into the future.
    https://www.facebook.com/people/Aubury-Lane/1007310019/ is already on Facebook.

dandy2902
    Participant
    • Total posts: 15

Cuddlebliss

morganacollin
    Participant
    • Total posts: 21

Cuddlebliss!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.