Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Which design is best? You decide!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Identity
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

After only recently completing the current design, I couldn’t help but experiment. Which is better? Due to the nature of my business, my website design needs to be memorable, professional and most of all… impressive.

1, 2

MadCow
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

I’m not an expert – I’m just a consumer :D LOL

Anyhoo, I don’t usually like dark backgrounds, but I prefer design 2

Design one, for me, unless you’re goiing to have a lot more white space on there (and I literally mean “white” not areas of not text) it’s far too bright.

My eyes were drawn to the sides, away from the images and the text you had in the grey bits (I had to go back 3 times to see what I’d missed) – might be detracting for others too.

Other that that, I did like hte design, just too bright.

HTH

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

I generally like lighter designs, but I’m going to go with the spaced-out one.

More impact, better design, cleaner.

Good job.

vxd
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

I like spaced out

Identity
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’m getting mixed oppinions, but that’s ok you have to expect that don’t you. :)

I’m pretty excited to start coding this thing lol.

mike@engagemarketing
    • Total posts: 300
    Up

I prefer the Spaced Out design, but be careful because that look is becoming pretty popular amongst web designers.

As a leading business as you state, I would hope to see more substance and reasons backing up why you’re the best.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

I like the first one better. Spaced out looks good, but is not really ‘professional’ imho.

That said the first one need a little work, especially with the header.

Cheers, and good luck mate!

*edit you can get better feedback somewhere like sitepoint.com

arswa
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

Luke,

I’m no IT expert and don’t know which option is better technically but as a viewer I found the second site less complicated and easier to follow, even though white on black is a little hard on my poor old eyes.

Adrian
    Accounts Receivable Solutions WA

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 21218 wrote:
    I like the first one better. Spaced out looks good, but is not really ‘professional’ imho.

I agree with that…it looks maybe better but is not professional, at least not for your market anyway….

SteveDavidson
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

I’ve got concerns with both designs.

The first one is clean, but looks more like an internal application screen than the front page of a business. While it could be of use some levels down in the site, I wouldn’t place it at the top.

The second one would be good for a personal site, perhaps, but seems a little theme-y for a business front – unless that business specifically related to space, or science fiction.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.