Home – New Forums Starting your journey Which forum for sharing your work and thoughts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jotun
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hi,
    I noticed that most people get very upset or angry with you for sharing information about your business in general, such as when you are happy you just added a new feature to your website or similar and want people to try and see how awesome it is. I just wondered, where is the forum room where you can just share what you are working on without being accused of advertising etc. which it really isn’t? I thought that was one of the purposes of this site, to share your wins and hear about others. Thanks!

RaspberryBlack
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

Hi there,

well at Flying Solo I’d use the reviews section, but not to show how awesome something is, but to get honest feedback if it is as awesome as you hope.
    Otherwise you could try dribble.com, where designers share what they’re currently working on. (“The twitter for designers” as they want to be thought of)

Hope this helps :)
    Cheers, Tina

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Jotun,

If you check out the forum guidelines, at http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/guidelines-please-read-before-posting/589-welcome-flying-solo-forums-please-play-nicely.html, you’ll see that the community feels very strongly that this shouldn’t be a place for self-promotion.

Consequently, any comments that appear to be posted purely for the purposes of driving traffic to websites or building databases are likely to be deleted and/or received poorly by the community.

However, that doesn’t mean we’re not keen to share your successes or provide feedback when you need it. As Raspberry Black mentioned, the reviews section is a good place to ask for feedback – and I know you’ve used that section of the forums already. When you’ve had a big win and want to celebrate, try this thread: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/other-discussions/13528-dose-yay-post-here.html

All the best,
    Jayne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.