Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Which logo means ‘this is one kick ass accounting software’ :-)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up
    ::
    altima, post: 81586 wrote:
    …if you remove the headline ‘accounting software’ it’s impossible to guess the business you are working in…

I don’t agree that this is all that important.

If you’d never heard of McDonalds, Apple, Flying Solo, Ferarri or even Blue Penguin Design, you wouldn’t be able to tell what kind of businesses they represented based on their logos alone – but they are all successful businesses with effective logos.

altima
    • Total posts: 131
    Up
    bluepenguin, post: 81610 wrote:
    I don’t agree that this is all that important.

If you’d never heard of McDonalds, Apple, Flying Solo, Ferarri or even Blue Penguin Design, you wouldn’t be able to tell what kind of businesses they represented based on their logos alone – but they are all successful businesses with effective logos.

Hi, bluepenguin. Couple points:
    – It’s not very fair to compare SME and corporations that can invest many millions of dollars in branding and build strong awareness and associations with even such logo as SONY for example;
    – I would not overestimate an importance of logo, a logo is just an element of the branding and marketing strategy in general and not the most important, but if you decide to get new one, IMO better to do it right;

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up
    nominal, post: 81597 wrote:
    do you mean professional branding strategy or professional logo design or professional tv ads?

Everything.
    Website, product presentation, logo, blogging & social media, business cards, stationery, marketing and promotion, the way in which you reply to emails, the way in which you answer your phone, to define company poilicy/philosophy and live them … etc, etc.
    To syncronise all this you need rock solid direction/planning. Your logo is only one level of business branding so it really comes down to what level you want to be at.
    In my opinion, if commercially you want to be at the standard of “X”, your branding needs to be at least the level of “X”.

You may get better results if your logo is incorporated into a branding plan now, than attempting to build a brand later … around a logo.

I think if your product is as good as you say it is, you should consider your options with a branding expert and possibly invest in doing something big.

Obviously budget restraints may not allow you to compete with the big boys on the marketing front in regards to money spent, but solid branding now could turn out to be the best investment you ever made.

Then again, we all have different views.

nitro-it
    Participant
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

Thought I’d throw my hat in the ring…

Think about the definition of the word ‘nominal’. Then rule out all of these logo examples and find a logo that does not incorporate an image, because that will better fit the definition of the word, which will at least give the logo meaning as opposed to picking the best looking mashup of a 3d globe with beveled edges and a drop shadow!

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

Thanks everyone for your participation and comments!

and the winner is:
    5pc7w5d0.jpg

Any tips on what to ask the designer for?

Goal: “nomi wave” 9 12.5%
    Goal: “nomin%l” 6 8.3%
    Goal: “nomi ball” 5 6.9%
    Goal: “nomi purple” 1 1.4%
    Goal: “nomi 4 colors” 2 2.8%
    Goal: “nomi seatbelt” 2 2.8%
    Goal: “nomi math signs” 4 5.6%
    Goal: “Nomi arrow I” 5 6.9%
    Goal: “nomi N on side” 3 4.2%
    Goal: “nomi drown” 1 1.4%
    Goal: “nomi N graph” 1 1.4%
    Goal: “nomi orange ball” 7 9.7%
    Goal: “nomi blue button” 16 22.2%
    Goal: “nomi spiral O” 1 1.4%
    Goal: “nomi compass” 7 9.7%
    Goal: “nomi blue orange” 2 2.8%

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up

Good to see you found something you are happy with Nom.

Good luck with it, hope it goes well.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.