Home – New Forums Starting your journey Which of the following company names do you think is best for naming our Start Up?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    garyjames
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

In short, we would love feedback from the community on which of the following company names is the best to choose for our Start Up Company?

(As background, we have run a naming contest on both squadhelp.com and namingforce.com. We have gone through the list of names generated from both contests to create the following shortlist of – what we think are – the best names. We are looking for feedback from other people to help us make a decision on which name to choose).

Feel free to pick your favourite, your top 3 favourites, your worst 3 favourites, or whichever feedback format you prefer. We will be incorporating the company in Australia on July 1st, 2014 so fast feedback is sought, if possible.

Thanks in advance for those offering their opinions. Your feedback will be very much appreciated and well received.

(Who are we? We will operate as an online bookkeeping service provider in Australia. We will provide bookkeeping, accounting & tax services to small businesses. To understand more about what an online bookkeeping service provider is – in case anybody doesn’t know – please visit http://www.bench.co. Bench Accounting are a USA version of what we will do in Australia. Our service will be targetted to small companies with expenses of $75,000 or less per month. It is a B2B / Business to Business market).

SHORTLIST OF NAMES in alphabetical order

Accountaroo.
    Accountiva.
    Accrutiva.
    Blue Ledger.
    Bookanomics.
    Bookaroo.
    Bookeepia.
    Bookinetics.
    Bookkeepia.
    Bookopolis.
    Clerkis.
    Countify.
    Datascopic.
    Datorama.
    Equinova.
    Equitus.
    Ledgaroo.
    Ledgerama.
    Ledgerbase.
    Ledgerforce.
    Ledgerise.
    Ledgerly.
    LedgerMate.
    Ledgeroo.
    Ledgorama.
    Numbaroo.
    Orphis.
    Perfecto.
    Proficia.
    Qualisum.
    Qualitax.
    Sumstar.
    Sumtastic.
    Taxella.
    TaxPal.
    Templeblue.
    Tigertax.
    Trustica.

Kind Regards,

Gary Leech

Daniel Mitchell
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

Hi Gary

Maybe I’m boring, but I think a lot of them are out of place for a B2B professional services company. I quite like Ledgerbase which has some link to what you do.

All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Re: Which of the following company names do you think is best for naming our Start Up

Bookanomics :)

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Re: Which of the following company names do you think is best for naming our Start Up

2nd Bookanomics.

happyez
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

garyjames, post: 192695 wrote:
    In short, we would love feedback from the community on which of the following company names is the best to choose for our Start Up Company?
    SHORTLIST OF NAMES in alphabetical order
    Trustica.

But which really mean something to you? Maybe none of them do.

What I would do is pick the best that resonates with you and try to improve on it. You’ll have to say the name over and over again, so if it sounds like one of these shelf_company names, you might get a tad bored.

Eric

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Gary,

With whichever name you choose, ensure it’s not already registered to someone else, particularly as a trademark. If anyone owns any of these names, in the bookkeeping field as a trademark then it would very quickly cross those of your list. You can do your own basic searches to make sure the identical names at least aren’t registered at http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/atmoss/falcon.application_start

I think my favourite would also be bookanomics; and maybe bookkeepia (or bookeepia).

I don’t like those ending in “aroo”. Not really sure why, they’re just not grabbing me.

I do think the name needs to have some link to what you are doing. This could help market the service. Perhaps one of these names or a version thereof could be teamed up with the word “Bookkeeping” or “Accounting” etc to drive it home to potential clients as to what your services are? Just a thought. I think a name like Clerkis (for example) is potentially punchy and catchy enough if teamed up with a description – Clerkis Bookkeeping; Clerkis Accounting etc…

All the best with it!

Jimmy1
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Forget any of the …aroos. Daggy and websites are better if they have a World Wide Web feel to them even if you are focussing on Australia.

I don’t like any of the ledgers, people who speak in terms of ledgers rather than tax or bookkeeping probably don’t need a bookkeeper. I would focus on the tax or bookkeeping, based on the market you are looking at.

I have started a B&M accounting firm from scratch. You tend to get smaller business clients then build in size and number.

So focus on either (or both) of tax or bookkeeping which is what concerns your market the most.

You are web-based so your name needs to be web friendly short and descriptive are good and you want the .com.au to be available. Your business name and web address are linked so it is a website you are looking for not a business name – that’s second (both have to be available though)

Bookeepia is probably my choice of that list. Not convinced it has a professional enough feel but I like the Wikipedia relationship/reference.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

I Third Bookanomics

Steve

GlensWebDesign
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

I quite like Bookkeepia :)

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

taxpal…

crimson23
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

Blue Ledger & Tax Pal…

The first sounds very professional and the second, more friendly for smaller businesses.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Gary

In all honesty i just wanted to share that as a non tax expert, book keeper or all round marketing expert (so none are my areas of expertise) i have revisited this post several times over the last few days although i struggle with each name.

If i had to opt for one it would be without the word ledger, as that means not much to me (although i do know what it means) and probably settle on something like taxpal..

May i ask is there any reason WHY you want to incorporate the services offered or notion of said services in the name? I do not really have an alternative although is your push more so for the SMALL BUSINESS operator encompassing business planning (financial) etc etc.. Most of the names i read i would attribute to being bookkeeper and not necessarily an accounting firm with qualified individuals.

Will pop back, rethink etc..

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    garyjames
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone who responded to my post. Much appreciated.

As an update we have narrowed the list down to 3 promising candidates:

Ledgerforce
    Clerkis
    Bookaroo (or Keeperoo)

We will make a final decision on the name on July 1st.

Kind Regards,

Gary

Kin creative
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

I don’t like the ones ending in aroo either, I think it’s a little cutsie for a professional accounting business, my favourite is TaxPal as it’s easy to spell and easy to remember. Important I think when you may be relying on word of mouth to help spread your business.

Good luck with your new venture.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Ledgerly! I don’t like bookonomics. Is it really about economics??

Ledgerly sounds like leisurely which is like chill/relaxing.

But yes as someone said above the whole ly thing might not sit right with your target market.

Good on you for going to so much trouble to pick a name!
    And good luck with the biz!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.