Home – New Forums Logistics Who can deliver to anywhere in Australia?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dangaff
    • Total posts: 244
    Up
    ::

So, now that Australia Post is once again really getting on my nerves. I’m looking for another courier/postal service.

Besides Australia Post, who else can deliver to any home, anywhere in Australia?

That’s the one and only thing I liked about Australia Post is I can send a parcel, to just about/literally anywhere in Australia as sometimes my orders are quite remote.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Or, perhaps would I be better off using someone like Fastway as much as possible and only using Australia Post for those remote locations?

Bit of background on the parcels: An order could be a mailing tube weighing 400gram, another could be a small parcel weighing up to a kilo, usually around half a kilo. One could be a small box with a few kilos in it. Another could be a 80cm long flat box weighing 1 – 2kg. And rarely would I send a decent size box weighing 10kg’s plus.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Most of your major couriers like Toll, AEC, Couriers Please, Star Track etc support national delivery. Very few will deliver to PO boxes as they require a signature to deliver. I am not aware of any other company that you can send regular post with at similar rates to AusPost. Is there one?

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I once called Toll – they had a limit spend per month – the minimum at the time was over $1000 – could be more now.

Auspost is still the best for the smaller operator I’m afraid.

FYI – Fastway, Toll, Star Track – all use Auspost when they can’t deliver in our area. You then have to collect at the post office. The local post office is always the best port-a call in remote and country areas.

Tessa Hartnett
    • Total posts: 68
    Up

We tried moving to Fastway once, using Australia Post for express customers and PO Box customers only. It did not last long, we encountered equally as many problems with Fastways as we did with Australia Post.

Yes Fastway collects which is an awesome time saver unless you have to visit Australia Post anyway for your expresses.

Our team were spending additional time trying to determine if it was to go AP or F and then if it was F, which colour satchel {local/national}.

As irritating as AP can be, they are the easiest to cover all parcels making it a lot more efficient for our team.

We also moved our business away from an AP owned store to a independently owned store and this has made a huge difference. The team are really helpful and go beyond to help. They have given us a lot of tips to help with our parcel sending.

aaron.miller
    • Total posts: 117
    Up

I concur about Fastway using Australia post, had a parcel going from Sydney to ulladulla on Fastway, they mailed it.
    We had lots of issues using Australia post, we have now been using direct freight express for 12 months, sending 5 – 10 parcels a day. Not one has gone missing, been delivered to the wrong address or damaged. A couple have been a day late around Christmas last year.
    Between Sydney and Melbourne/Brisbane I can send upto 7kg overnight for less than a 3kg express post satchel with signature and decent tracking.
    Like all of the couriers they use agents to deliver outside there core network.

Aaron

dangaff
    • Total posts: 244
    Up

It appears after further searching around that for probably 90% of the products I post, Australia Post will be cheapest.

Thanks everyone for the input, glad there is at least a few courier companies that go Australia-wide.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.