Home – New Forums Tech talk Who designs WooCommerce Applications? – Article

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brent@Ontrax
    • Total posts: 336
    Up
    ::

I just came across this comment made on the WooThemes website and thought it was very interesting and quite true… I’d be interested to know what the FS Brain trust think of this?

http://ideas.woothemes.com/forums/133476-woocommerce/suggestions/3464656-who-designs-woocommerce-applications-men-only-or

it says….

Who designs WooCommerce Applications? Men only? Or men and women? As women possibly shop more frequently online than men. And KNOW whether a shopping site offers them a quick, totally streamlined, fully-catered for shopping experience, or not.
    I believe it vital for the creators and designers of e-commerce sites, to ask women what they like (or don’t like) about the shopping-sites they frequent, and make sure that all the features women like are (not afterthoughts, but (incorporated in the build from the outset.

Anonymous shared this idea · Dec 18, 2012

there were no comments/replies posted on the WooThemes forum.

Brent

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hey Brent

Nice question.. not sure what to reply with, although are you simply letting us know this comment? looking for a reply as to who it is? or want to know what people think about the design process and female point of view?

Not being a designer, i must say looking at woo’s web site there does not appear to be any ‘back end’ designers of the female stature….

What i find interesting with the comment, as i do with many others, is that it is void of any real substance other than an observation that has been made without the merit of knowing what has originally gone into the development of a project..

In saying that, i do agree with the general comment that women should be consulted as i also believe when beer is being developed, us cave men should also be consulted…

In the famous words of Homer.. “Alright Brain, you don’t like me, and I don’t like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.”

Cheerio
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

I hope that they regularly consult women and men of ages when looking updating Woocommerce.

They are a pretty dynamic company and market research would most likely already be happening.

I have seen women getting involved with the Woo community.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hey Matthew

Since our chat i have been looking,,, looks like woo ‘woo’ lots of peeps before deploying although the thread feels they do not.. and prior to tweaking there platforms, i think, is what the contributor is assessing..

Reckon they would be seeking multiple avenues for feedback :D

Can’t wait to read others inputs..

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.