Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Who do you admire in the business world?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SavvySME
    • Total posts: 201
    Up
    ::

I’m pretty sure this is relevant to this thread if not please feel free to move it to the relevant section.

We all have people we admire in the business world! Mine are:

Napoleon Hill (Think and grow rich was a fantastic bible for me personally)
    Tim Ferris (amazingly entertaining and interesting)
    Seth Godin (always an inspiring read when you are thinking of marketing problems to solve)
    Anthony Robbins (just not explanation there)

But I realised that my list are all American. Are there any Aussie figureheads you guys can recommend to me that you love? Interested in attending their events or reading their books for further growth and would love to have an Australian perspective on things!

Help me guys :)!!

Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

I Admire from my self..

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

The people I admire from the business world are people who I have met and been impressed by – no body famous Im sorry.

Steve

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

I was blessed to be able to spend Thursday to Saturday just gone at the CBA Women In Focus event in Noosa.

I met some amazing women, none you would probably know by name – Aussies and Kiwis.

I find women in business particularly inspiring as I know most of their journeys have been tough. :)

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

I have a board on my Pinterest page where I pin those that I admire: http://pinterest.com/lklugt/women-as-inspiration/

GSanders12
    • Total posts: 201
    Up

i would probably admire the likes that made it from nothing to something.
    the self made successes. john paul of john paul systems who was at one point homeless and then rose to the top of the food chain in his industry.

oprah winfrey.. richard branson, just to name a few.

evti
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Not anyone in particular, but I tend to admire those people who make themselves and come up with something creative, or find a market that no one has heard of or thought about. The ones who tap a market in order to serve that market, rather than to exclusively profit, are good in my books.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Richard Branson immediately comes to mind.
    However I watched a TV programme last night SBS “Who do you think you are”
    Samuel Fox was introduced, who started his working life at the age of eight, and by the age of Forty was one of the wealthiest men in England. This was just one of those “Brilliant” storys that show you what you can do if you “Think Outside the Square” and have a positive attitude.

seolyka2
    • Total posts: 157
    Up

Some of the famous people I admire in business world are: Steve Jobs (CEO of Apple Inc.) and Mark Zuckerberg (Chairman and Chief Executive of Facebook Inc.).

Mortgages In Focus
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

Without even missing a beat… Richard Branson

NathanB
    Participant
    • Total posts: 775
    Up

Probably the Pope. The only guy with a more hardcore fan base than Apple. Plus, they give him cash for a product that’s intangible.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

I got a list under “courses” in my LinkedIn profile and yes, most of them are American.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.