Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Who is James Paige and why does he keep calling?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    JamesPaige
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone. I recently heard about this site and thought I’d join to surround myself with people who are like minded. I have read a few of the posts here and it looks like everyone is down to Earth and doesn’t take themselves overly seriously, just the kind of group I like!

A little about me know becasue that’s what this post is all about.

I have recently started my own recruitment agency that I (at the moment) run from home, my laptop bag, my car and any Maccas that’s nearby at lunchtime.

I worked for a large agency for 3 yrs before being made redundant in May ’09 and it was in my eyes a blessing in disguise. I had always wanted to step out on my own in recruitment and it was the push from safety I needed.

I am still finding my niche in the market and still deciding on the exact service model I want to offer, but I am enjoying the journey thus far.

So, James Piage, who is he? He is not a he, rather it’s the name of my businees, but I do find that a lot of people are calling me James. I don’t mind as my name is Jason so it’s close enough. I guess the most important thing is the business name is remembered for all the right reasons.

I am interested in creating a business and a company that is different to the typical recruitment agency. Many agencies and consultants have done a lot of damage over the years to the industry with poor morals and even worse work ethics and practises. I am a Customer Service person at heart and it is always great to hear of and meet others both in recruitment, as well as other industries, who share the same thoughts.

I run a fairly open door policy and I’m always on the lookout for advise and opinion. Granted I sometimes don’t take it too well initially, but I am learning to let the bad advise roll off me like water off a duck’s back.

Now to the specifics, I am situated in the Macarthur area of Sydney, however most of my work to date has been out of the area. I am open to assignments anywhere in Australia as I am a fully mobile recuitment consultant. I have worked in both blue and white collar environements before and during my recruitment life. I have a BA (Languages) and I am soon to start a double degree being B.Businees and Commerce / B.Laws. I can offer any range of service from resume screening, right through to bulk recruitment assignments.

Enough about me. I look forward to chatting with as many of you as I can during my time here.

Thanks for reading, more at http://www.jamespaige.com.au if interested.

Regards,

Jason

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Jason,
    That’s a great story! Thanks for sharing your journey with us, and congratulations on your progress to date.

Looking forward to learning more about you and your business as time goes by,
    All the best,
    Jayne

JamesPaige
    Up

Jayne,

Thanks for the welcome.

Looking forward to blabbing on about myself :)

Jason

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

Hi Jason

I love a long, wordy post! I also love that you’re customer service focused, as am I, and more businesses should be.

Not too clear on why you called your business James Paige though. Can you enlighten us?

JamesPaige
    Up

James and Paige are my kids middle names.

And I agree that if more businesses were actually customer focused, rather than just saying they were everyone would be in a happier place.

jasonm
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

lol, my first impression when I look at your site was……dreamweaver template.

Nothing wrong with that, its almost the same template I used for mine.

Its like when you buy your (affordable) dream car then see that half the population appears to be driving the same model car as you.d

Jason

JamesPaige
    Up

haha I have been busted.

I needed to get something up quickly and it was handy. I am going to be coing a new site soon, just have to get all my products and services down pat.

Actually i am just happy someone has looked at my site

wordmistress
    Up
    JamesPaige, post: 29088 wrote:
    Actually i am just happy someone has looked at my site

Lol today’s theme – everywhere I look – seems to be needing attention. Perhaps we all need a group hug!!

Jason, sometimes it pays to set up a ‘practise’ site so you can tweak it, ask for feedback and play around with it. It’s like moving into another house. At first, you put all the dishes, glasses, pots and pans in certain cupboards, then after living there for a week or two, you rearrange them so that the workflow is better.

Before you invest money in your ‘real’ site, I think it’s clever to try it out first. That’s what I’ve done and my new site is being designed as we speak. Can’t wait for it to go live!

JamesPaige
    Up

Gina,

Thanks for the words of advise.

In regard to a website, I have plenty of resources to call upon from past lives … the site up is more of a quick flyer as opposed to a fully blown site. My business does not call for such a massive web presence at this point, but will one day. I chose not to invest significant time and money in creating something that was not yet needed.

I guess if anyone reading this wants to read into this as advise, then I would say think long and hard about buying anything that you don’t need right now. Its a mistake I have made in past ventures and at the start up stage every dollar counts.

Saying that if what is needed is a fantastic, eyecatching website then go for broke

wordmistress
    Up

Agreed. Over-capitalisation is tempting, but to me, ill-advised.

Hugh Thyer
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

Isn’t James Page the guitarist from Led Zeppelin?

JamesPaige
    Up
    Hugh Thyer, post: 29111 wrote:
    Isn’t James Page the guitarist from Led Zeppelin?

Well technically yes, but he was better known as Jimmy. James Paige on the other hand is not known by anyone

LaToriana
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hi.. great to *meet* up with you…

I am a newbie,,, buut one dsy… well have dreams like us all.

I like your “realism” I like your “honestly” and your direction. Dood on you.. and using your kids names….; well I am guilty of that too.

loking forward to using your services if/WHEN I grow

warmly

elizabeth

468%20x%2060%20La%20Toriana%20animated.gif

Karen Wardle
    • Total posts: 363
    Up

Hi Jason

Congratulations on starting out on your own. Although I have been on the Central Coast for 14 years I grew up around that area and I still have relatives down there so I am usually down there at least monthly.

Having said that, the growth in the area down there especially over the past 12 months is amazing with residential and commercial developments seeming to be springing up everywhere.

You mentioned that you haven’t yet identified a niche as such. Could you possibly target the industrial areas. They are probably not the usual candidates (excuse the pun) for using a recruitment service, but that doesn’t mean that they could not benefit from one. Also as you have very low overheads, compared to your competition, and you are mobile, you might be able to market yourself as someone that is better able to cater to their needs.

I would love to talk to you about this further, if you are interested please PM me.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Congratulations you have seen the light’

I concider myself a newbie…………….

You never cease to learn and develop your skills, and as far as a website is concerned the cost is immaterial it is what it says thats important.

Fortunately for forum members there are some fantastic people who are only too willing to help.

Why not send a brochure to all the business locally introducng yourself and what you can offer. Start local, tomorrow the world.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.