Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Who want’s leads?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    ::

Hi Soloists….

I’m considering (just considering….) a new-extra business model for 2011 and I want to hear some feedback.

Lead generation:

The way it works is simple: We provide leads for certain industries.

how does it work?

Simple: You join the system and you get X amount of leads each month for an X monthly price

where do I get the leads?

Mainly from organic traffic. I have a network of 250+ sites.. and many of them are now ranking for different industries, areas.
    These sites become landing page , inviting people to request more info about X service in X city.
    I get the sites, I get the ranking… I get the traffic: you get the leads

How targeted are the leads?

Very, they are geo-targeted . So if you are a divorce lawyer in Perth.. you will get people requesting to be contacted by a divorce lawyer in Perth.
    Each lead comes with email, name, phone number.

Questions for you:

What is the average lead worth in your business?
    have you ever been offered a similar system?
    How many new leads could make a difference for your business?

Cheers and thanks for the help…

ClareS
    • Total posts: 30
    Up

Good – I think this business model will work.

There are people in the US who have done this with just one of the websites that you are using, on a short-term model, then selling the website with the lead generation for it set up to the highest bidder (that could be a further step in your idea).

Have fun – i’ll stay tuned!

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

Get on with it

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

I would rather pay per lead, not per month.

Where would the leads come from?
    How good quality are the leads?

Lot’s of questions, but if you could had a good rep for getting quality leads, you will find business pretty easy to come by.

Good luck

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 49572 wrote:
    I would rather pay per lead, not per month.

Where would the leads come from?
    How good quality are the leads?

Lot’s of questions, but if you could had a good rep for getting quality leads, you will find business pretty easy to come by.

Good luck

I agree, a pay per lead system would also be a good idea

chatterbox
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

I have found a place where you can get FREE MONTHLY leads: http://leadpak.com/index.php?spon=2802

Cheers,
    Julie

mark_xpnsit
    • Total posts: 140
    Up

There are lots of places in the US that do a similar sort of thing, I think its about the quality of the leads, orgin of the leads, how fresh they are and how many times they are resold.

But I do think there is a demand for this type of operation if you can get quality Australian leads and deliver them as soon as you verify them

DavidThomas
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

Interesting idea, would you be selling the leads multiple times?

Keep us posted if you get it started.

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

Definitely interested in this. Please get in contact with me about it.

Safe Skies
    • Total posts: 202
    Up

Nice idea..

But i would use Google Adwords before this, very very targeted and you only pay for what you get.

If you can answer this i might be interested.

G

beancounter
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

How much is a lead worth? How do you put a value on it?

We picked up a client eight years ago that was originally worth around $250 per month to us. Over the years that client has generated over $250k for our business

So I’m wondering how you ascertain the value of a lead

Anyone have any suggestions?

relentless
    • Total posts: 137
    Up

there are 2 companies in Australia who do this already quite well

quotify and servicecentral

I had started to work on this kind of business before, I belive it’s great business model, customers get multiple local quotes and business get leads from the internet at a small price.

What I hadn’t envisioned was how hard it is to get them on board. I tried everything basically, to cut a long story short, small business don’t want to sign up because:

– scared of loosing money (when I started with a monthly fee, however free sample leads at the start)

– scared is scam

– only want to sign up once they secure a job (when it was free to sign up, I also gave them sample leads and free trials!) . Very short sighted in my mind, obviously they are not going to secure all the jobs, but doing the ROI with them paying for leads and securing 1 job they still are scared.

– cannot take on more work at the time

– already paying someone else for advertising offline and/or online (that they admit is not working for them) so they cannot pay for more.

– are mad because they already receive many calls from telemarketers trying to sell them

– think internet leads don’t work (for various reasons, one because they have already paid someone else for a crappy service and got nothing back)

– have a website already (some of which are not even in google, I checked!) and think that’s enough, asking them if they receive any business from this they simply don’t know but still are not interested in my service

Many were interested but for the reasons above don’t want to try.

I realized that there are many marketing solutions that these business get offered and can try, some are crap and some are good, however why should they believe mine?

I do have a solution that overcomes all these objections and I believe its what quotify and servicecentral are doing. I won’t share my solution here simply because I may start this project again however after 2 months of work without a single sale I’m quite worn out and it wasn’t even me doing the telemarketing, I hired someone for it, however I constantly analyzed conversions to see what people are thinking and how to improve the sales script and offer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.