Home – New Forums Logistics Wholesale Contracts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    thecolouredknot
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi, im a small Handmade Home Décor Business looking into the world of retail. about the only think I have come up with is I will sell the products at 50% off!! I really don’t know what other guidelines I should put in a place when offerering wholesale to retail stores.

Would love to have a look at some wholesale contracts from similar small business that may have suitable inclusions? eg. Does the store take orders and I am to make directly for the store or should they send orders directly to me. The store should pay postage etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    thecolouredknot, post: 182383 wrote:
    Hi, im a small Handmade Home Décor Business looking into the world of retail. about the only think I have come up with is I will sell the products at 50% off!! I really don’t know what other guidelines I should put in a place when offerering wholesale to retail stores.

Would love to have a look at some wholesale contracts from similar small business that may have suitable inclusions? eg. Does the store take orders and I am to make directly for the store or should they send orders directly to me. The store should pay postage etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello

You have a lot to learn ;)

Postage is negotiable, but usually the store pays.

Does the store take orders? Are you referring to a consignment arrangement? This one is different to wholesale, and each has its merits.

I’ve some free advice on wholesaling on my blog — might be a good place to start.

Jenny

thecolouredknot
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    Jenny Spring, post: 182441 wrote:
    Hello

You have a lot to learn ;)

Postage is negotiable, but usually the store pays.

Does the store take orders? Are you referring to a consignment arrangement? This one is different to wholesale, and each has its merits.

I’ve some free advice on wholesaling on my blog — might be a good place to start.

Jenny

Thanks for the reply Jenny, I was more meaning if a customer came in and wanted a particular item in another colour or 5 of one item, do i have to then wholesale that order to the store for them to onsell. Definitely referring to wholesale Thanks

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    thecolouredknot, post: 182480 wrote:
    Thanks for the reply Jenny, I was more meaning if a customer came in and wanted a particular item in another colour or 5 of one item, do i have to then wholesale that order to the store for them to onsell. Definitely referring to wholesale Thanks

That is negotiable with the store.

You decide on your minimum quantities that shops will purchase. i.e. each order might be $500 minimum order, and then subsequent orders are also $500. That is your business decision. There are plenty of pros and cons for these decisions.

Hope this helps.

You are welcome to follow my links below or PM me if you want more details.

Jenny

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.