Home – New Forums Starting your journey Wholesale prices – sensitive information?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Pre-launch
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    ::

Hi

We have just started our business selling wholesale to the retail sector.
    We did a bulk mail out to promote our business and we are starting to see results.

My question is:

Should we verify customers as legitimate retailers before we disclose our wholesale prices?

Should we make them apply to become customers first, check their background?

Our particular segment of the market is highly competitive and dominated by big players, I know you can’t keep the info secret forever but maybe now right before we are launching we should keep it close to our chest?

MH08
    • Total posts: 284
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

I’ve actually started another business in distribution and price sensitivity to wholesale prices actually don’t mean anything. Its no secret that distributors/wholesalers get things cheaper.

If you try to qualify other retailers before you give out information, you will find significant resistance from retailers purchasing from you.

Easiest way is to see, if they are willing to meet your representative or yourself, then you can get a feel for them. Generally if people are time wastes they won’t waste their own time meeting you.

Remember a dead give away is that if your not the only person selling the product and there are other big players, they’re already getting cheaper prices through a buying group. But this means as a small guy, there are less over heads and you can actually be more competitive, larger companies tend to take their time to move on a deal than you would.

Also not many people know this but you can actually estimate the value of how much a product would wholesale for by using a financial calculator or excel.

Cheers,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.