Home – New Forums Starting your journey Wholesalers stock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone! I’m hoping someone can give me some feed back on how to manage wholesalers stock so my website has accurate information, I’m in the process of starting up an online women’s clothing store, I have sourced a wholesaler but I asked the question is there some sort of notification of items being out of stock sent to me daily… so the question is how do I keep count without having to be watching there site all day to update mine, I don’t want my customers purchasing from me to find out the wholesaler is out of stock….just concerned my customers will have to wait …

Regards
    Mands

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Mands, this is something your supplier would have to provide.

If they are running a full online system with stock statuses, then you could potentially integrate that into your website – so the information is shared live in real time for your customers. Check with them.

Nothing beats manually checking stock to be 100% sure. Human error and other issues from your supplier can lead to disappointment for your customers if they have paid for an item not in stock.

If your shopping shopping cart supports, you can take an order pending stock checking. The customer pays and orders as normal, HOWEVER they are only charged when you have 100% verified the goods are available and ready to go.

This would reduce uncomfortable cases of having to issue refunds and store credits etc.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    arrowwise, post: 210052 wrote:
    Mands, this is something your supplier would have to provide.

If they are running a full online system with stock statuses, then you could potentially integrate that into your website – so the information is shared live in real time for your customers. Check with them.

Nothing beats manually checking stock to be 100% sure. Human error and other issues from your supplier can lead to disappointment for your customers if they have paid for an item not in stock.

If your shopping shopping cart supports, you can take an order pending stock checking. The customer pays and orders as normal, HOWEVER they are only charged when you have 100% verified the goods are available and ready to go.

This would reduce uncomfortable cases of having to issue refunds and store credits etc.

Thanks for your reply,

I did ask the supplier if they had such a notification, their response was “sadly they don’t”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.