Home – New Forums Other discussions Why does Flying Solo have no Facebook Page?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    ::

Hello,

Why not create a Facebook page,with all the bells and whistles and all your article posts being posted on Facebook as well?That would be pretty sweet.

nev
    • Total posts: 57
    Up

I Second that

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

Could flying solo display their ads there? I presume that is how they make their revenue…

Maybe if they put a teaser 10% on there…

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up

I guess with their 40,000 Google, 28,100 Yahoo and 28,900 Bing indexed pages and their 25 Digg & 3 Reddit social links, they probably don’t want riff-raff like Faceache bringing them down.

:)

Although a bit of Delish wouldn’t go astray.

:P

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

I really dont understand WHY people are SOOOO facinated with Facebook.

Hasnt this forum got everything you need ?

Personally I find Facebook rather boring, with people telling you how good they are, and not giving any support.

I believe Fllying Solo has a specific market that it very successful in.
    Facebook has another market neich, so why try to combine, why not leave alone that , that dont need any fixing.

Them are just my thoughts

Try Connecting Now if you want to alien your self with Facebook, it is a very good site.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Matt and all,

It’s interesting that you should bring this up as it’s an issue that we’ve given a lot of consideration to on and off in the last year or so as a few people have suggested it. More broadly it’s a similar type if thing with other external options such LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter for example.

While we can definitely see the benefits of connecting with people via all these channels, our priority has always ended up focusing our resources on improving the community we already have here rather than risk spreading ourselves too thin elsewhere.

We’re always open to these things so we’ll watch any further discussion on the pros and cons with interest.

Cheers,
    Peter

MatthewKeath
    Up
    Burgo, post: 30849 wrote:
    Hasnt this forum got everything you need ?

I would like to see Flying Solo on Facebook, and I would click on newly published articles if they interested me. Plus any events or other news that is important could be shared. I miss new articles all the time.

And really, I spend more time on FB than here :) I always I have window open, whatever I am doing.

Of course as long as it was updated, and kept fresh.

MatthewKeath
    Up
    FS Administrator, post: 30852 wrote:
    Hi Matt and all,
    While we can definitely see the benefits of connecting with people via all these channels, our priority has always ended up focusing our resources on improving the community we already have here rather than risk spreading ourselves too thin elsewhere.

I agree, you need to make sure your have the resources to ensure each area gets attention, you don’t want it to seem old and stale. However, everything you mentioned would enhance the site as a whole if done right.

Remember, these social aspects should complement and draw attention to the main site. Never lose focus of your goal or you can get lost in the world of social media like some many before.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

jeez, people will be suggesting myspace next…..

Horses for courses and I don’t think Facebook types are FS types on the whole.

I miss new articles all the time.

Use the RSS feed, that is exactly what it was designed for. Then you can publish on your own FB page.

MatthewKeath
    Up

Myspace, I don’t think so – there is a huuuge difference between the two.

Horses for courses, to right. I know plenty of people who use Facebook who would be potential visitors or members of Flying Solo.

Good point about the RSS, but I still would like to see articles promoted on a Flying Solo Facebook page, and the comment and networking that goes along with it.

If you don’t use Facebook, there is no reason to visit.

MatthewKeath
    Up
    sixx, post: 30843 wrote:
    they probably don’t want riff-raff like Faceache bringing them down.

:)

:P
    I don’t quite understand, are you suggesting a Facebook Page may damage their brand?

Trish FCA
    • Total posts: 235
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 30873 wrote:
    I would like to see Flying Solo on Facebook, and I would click on newly published articles if they interested me. Plus any events or other news that is important could be shared. I miss new articles all the time.

And really, I spend more time on FB than here :) I always I have window open, whatever I am doing.

Of course as long as it was updated, and kept fresh.

I’m with you, Matt. I’d love to see FS on Facebook. With the ridiculous groups that get made on there it’s great to have some genuine ones with great links on my profile page.

As my teenager daughter always points out….”fagbook is for you oldies, leave Myspace to us!” The wisdom of youth!

That’s 2 yes votes for Facebook.

jasonm
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Are we voting now?

NO

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Facebook YES

I have a personal account and a business account. I would access FS thru Facebook if possible as I am on there a lot more than I am visiting these forums due to the networking nature of it.

As for the RSS feed… how would I “import” the RSS feed into my personal facebook page (my profile) NOT my business (become a fan of) page?

MatthewKeath
    Up

Hi Stacy,

You are not allowed to import RSS feeds unless you own them.

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=818
    http://www.insidefacebook.com/2009/02/22/how-to-import-your-blog-into-facebook/

Hope this helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.