Home – New Forums Tech talk Why is my Facebook sidebanner not displaying properly?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    MMiad
    • Total posts: 68
    Up
    ::

Righto, tell me what I’m doing wrong:

I’m trying to build a Facebook page for my business and have created a 200×600 pxl side-banner for the left-hand profile pic. All the tutorials I’ve found say that it should be a simple case of loading the image and it will display at glorious 200x600pxl size. However, when I upload, it’s reduced to a mere 40x120pxl thumbnail.

What am I doing wrong?

inveress
    • Total posts: 108
    Up
    MMiad, post: 106751 wrote:

I’m trying to build a Facebook page for my business and have created a 200×600 pxl side-banner for the left-hand profile pic. All the tutorials I’ve found say that it should be a simple case of loading the image and it will display at glorious 200x600pxl size. However, when I upload, it’s reduced to a mere 40x120pxl thumbnail.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Marc,

I believe the maximum size for a Facebook banner is actually 180×540 pixels.

Cheers,
    Peter.

inveress
    • Total posts: 108
    Up
    MMiad, post: 106751 wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Marc,

I believe the maximum size for a Facebook banner is actually 180×540 pixels.

Cheers,
    Peter.

MMiad
    Up

Ok, Peter, I’ll resize and see what happens.

Thanks.

MMiad
    Up

Ok, Peter, I’ll resize and see what happens.

Thanks.

MMiad
    Up

Update: Turns out it was more an issue with my trying to upload a PNG image formatted from a masked vector graphic. So not a size issue alone, although I did resize to your suggested dimensions anyway. Thanks.

MMiad
    Up

Update: Turns out it was more an issue with my trying to upload a PNG image formatted from a masked vector graphic. So not a size issue alone, although I did resize to your suggested dimensions anyway. Thanks.

The Copy Chick
    • Total posts: 963
    Up

You also need to leave about a 16px buffer around the area you want to use as the thumbnail.

Still, if the timeline for business pages come in this week, as expected, it could make the side banner obsolete anyway.

The Copy Chick
    Up

You also need to leave about a 16px buffer around the area you want to use as the thumbnail.

Still, if the timeline for business pages come in this week, as expected, it could make the side banner obsolete anyway.

MMiad
    Up

Yep, I’m always one step behind!

MMiad
    Up

Yep, I’m always one step behind!

The Copy Chick
    Up

I think we all are when it comes to Facebook..! ;)

The Copy Chick
    Up

I think we all are when it comes to Facebook..! ;)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.