Home – New Forums Starting your journey Window Manufacture and Installation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    royljones
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi

I am currently writing the business plan for the venture, a window manufacturer and installation company.

Theres a lot to research and it is taking its time.

I’d like to know what the next step should be when the business plan is written. Who should I go and pester first?

Thanks in advance

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Roy, the answer to that is what your business plan dictates. The idea of a business plan is to plot every aspect of your business on paper. Part of this will be identifying your target market, how are you going to reach them, what is going to be your distribution strategy and the list goes on. Do you need a website, do you need printed material.

So you see that by writing a business plan, you should come out of that with a list of things to do. Generally it will mean creating a lead generation strategy to get customers.

royljones
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Tony

Thanks for the reply.

The business plan has given me a list of a thousand things to do. The more I though t about everything, the more there is to do! Which is fine, but its now a question of ordering those priorities, as I don’t want to put the cart before the horse.

I think there is no hard and fast answer, but supposing the following:

As part of writing the business plan I have gone quite in depth and have a good idea of where and how to advertise, I can develop the branding and logos, website and begin marketing etc,

But, if I do actually make a sale, I can’t deliver anything as I will need finance to purchase the manufacturing equipment, rent premises, hire staff etc etc.

Would it be reasonable to develop the website and branding etc before trying to obtain finance, to then include as part of the business plan, or should I try and get finance with a business plan which spells out lead generation plans etc, but doesn’t have the specific business details (logos, website design etc).

Thanks again for your reply

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

You don’t need to develop your web site or logo to get funding, you just need to know the costs of doing so. If possible see if you can try and determine the size of your marketing. You may also note your competitors and state how you plan to compete.

On another note, rather than re-invent the wheel, why don’t you see if you can find an existing manufacturing business that can make your products under contact. This way you don’t have to outlay all that money until you have established yourself. Don’t worry about them copying your idea, you can protect yourself with contracts for that. Plus once your idea is out there, they can easily copy it anyhow.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.