Home – New Forums Tech talk Windows 10 and running two screens

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    @HeatherSmithAU
    • Total posts: 525
    Up
    ::

I’ve just updated to Windows 10. I run two screens. I find I can’t move screens swiftly between the two screens anymore – it is like it keeps hitting a gate at the top of the screen. I can move them – but not as swiftly.

Any ideas how I could resolve this.

Anthony Michaud
    • Total posts: 66
    Up

Hi Heather, have you right-clicked on the desktop, and selected display settings? This should show you a picture of two “monitors” and they should be in line with each other. I’m assuming you’ve got two monitors side by side. If they’re different resolutions, you may have a ‘block’ where one monitor runs into white space, not the other monitor.

@HeatherSmithAU
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

Thanks – yes it seems I needed to update java and it seems to be better – I thought everything would update automatically – thanks

Anthony Michaud
    • Total posts: 66
    Up

Hi Heather,

Java should have zero impact on how your screens work – but glad you’re happy :)

I.T. Guaranteed
    Participant
    • Total posts: 54
    Up

Hi Heather,

For anyone running dual monitors, I recommend installing DisplayFusion. Of all the many things it does, one is to put a little button on each window which will make it jump to the other screen. I bought the pro version which gives all future updates. I have used it for years through various operating systems.
    While I am at it, I also recommend classic shell, which is a free utility that returns the good old start menu. These two utilities have added functionality when both are installed.

Take a few minutes to go through the many many configuration settings of these programs so that you can make full use of the huge amount of functions available.

Good luck.

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up
    I.T. Guaranteed, post: 237471, member: 53322 wrote:
    Hi Heather,

For anyone running dual monitors, I recommend installing DisplayFusion.

Good luck.

Or just hold the windows button and press arrow right, arrow right, arrow up.

In fact, go and hold windows down and play around with the arrow keys, very handy shortcut to go to dual window (within one screen) or move things around.

Maclean

bobmann
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    @HeatherSmithAU, post: 235965, member: 62 wrote:
    I’ve just updated to Windows 10. I run two screens. I find I can’t move screens swiftly between the two screens anymore – it is like it keeps hitting a gate at the top of the screen. I can move them – but not as swiftly.

Any ideas how I could resolve this.

There is a option in the graphics card driver to switch between monitors and other monitor options. If you didn’t install your driver then update it. You can also do it without driver. Ultramonitor software is helpful in this case.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.