Home – New Forums Starting your journey Women’s Online Streetwear store

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    MATTER of Opinion
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hey guys!
    Wanting to start my own streetwear store solely for women – just wondering if anyone had any guidance on getting inventory? or any advice on where to start?

Thanks!

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    MATTER of Opinion, post: 236698, member: 82746 wrote:
    Hey guys!
    Wanting to start my own streetwear store solely for women – just wondering if anyone had any guidance on getting inventory? or any advice on where to start?

Thanks!
    Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you!

Have you Googled it? Term to use could include fashion wholesalers or fashion suppliers etc.

Good luck with the business!

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up
    MATTER of Opinion, post: 236698, member: 82746 wrote:
    Hey guys!
    Thanks!

Hi,

Firstly welcome to our little group, I hope some retailers jump on and give you some advise soon.

I am going to start with – Have you mapped out your plan:

• What type of streetwear, do you want (designer brands or mass produced)?
    • Do you want small edgy designers?
    • Are you going to be online or bricks and mortar store?
    • How much inventory are you planning on buying? This will also help determine the type, as some of the higher brands required more up front for the inventory.

That is the start, this will determine where to look, for mass produced you can get them imported from China etc, for designer brands it will be harder as they normally like to see a history of your store before allowing you to sell their products.

The best bet is the smaller designers. Get onto Reddit and Instagram and start reviewing some of the designs.

I am assuming you already have knowledge of streetwear, what the trends are, following bloggers about future trends etc, so maybe start interacting with them to give you a leg up in selling some of the hot items.

You also may want to look at some wholesale forums, the big one is http://www.wholesaleforum.com, it has a lot of overseas people, but a lot of Australians too. This might help with some of the basics of retailing.

This is a pretty basic post for you, I really hope it helps and once again welcome :)

Rohan@TD
    • Total posts: 164
    Up

Hi,

An essential first step is putting your business plan together to answer some of those key questions that [USER=60404]@Mischelle[/USER] has asked. Clearly defining your goals and working on identifying your target market are critical components to help shape your stores sales lines, branding and marketing efforts.

If you haven’t already, look into drop shipping as a low(er) risk option to help start and build your business. It will reduce your need to purchase stock.

shannon92
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

I’m sadly closing my store down and selling my stock at a discounted price. You can check it out at http://www.inkaboutique.com.au

The clothing is aimed at 15-35 females
    If you have any questions just ask :)

Thanks
    Shannon

MATTER of Opinion
    Up

oh my god – thank you guys so much for all of that info :) definitely helped can’t wait to get this all started :D

MATTER of Opinion
    Up
    shannon92, post: 237028, member: 55774 wrote:
    I’m sadly closing my store down and selling my stock at a discounted price. You can check it out at http://www.inkaboutique.com.au

The clothing is aimed at 15-35 females
    If you have any questions just ask :)

Thanks
    Shannon

Hi Shannon,

Just had a look at your website and we’d definitely consider some of the stock you have, are the prices advertised set?

feel free to shoot me an email to discuss more

[email protected]

MATTER of Opinion
    Up

t

Paul – FS Concierge, post: 236710, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you!

Have you Googled it? Term to use could include fashion wholesalers or fashion suppliers etc.

Good luck with the business!

Thanks Paul :D

Elizabeth-FE
    • Total posts: 127
    Up

Hi,
    I would strongly recommend you start with a business plan so that you can work through all of the questions that need to be answered on your desired market positioning, target customer, competitor analysis, price positioning, product range and aesthetic, sourcing strategy, sales and distribution strategy, marketing plan and financial analysis.

Start to think of the brands you would like to range in our online boutique. Do you want local / international brands or do you want to develop your own label at some stage? There should be totally aligned with your desired target customer and market positioning (e.g. high end / mid market / price pointed)

There are lots of fashion agencies you can approach re buying at wholesale or wholesalers directly. Once you have a clearer idea of your direction feel free to get in touch if I can be of further assistance.

MATTER of Opinion
    Up
    Mischelle, post: 236775, member: 60404 wrote:
    Hi,

Firstly welcome to our little group, I hope some retailers jump on and give you some advise soon.

I am going to start with – Have you mapped out your plan:

• What type of streetwear, do you want (designer brands or mass produced)?
    • Do you want small edgy designers?
    • Are you going to be online or bricks and mortar store?
    • How much inventory are you planning on buying? This will also help determine the type, as some of the higher brands required more up front for the inventory.

That is the start, this will determine where to look, for mass produced you can get them imported from China etc, for designer brands it will be harder as they normally like to see a history of your store before allowing you to sell their products.

The best bet is the smaller designers. Get onto Reddit and Instagram and start reviewing some of the designs.

I am assuming you already have knowledge of streetwear, what the trends are, following bloggers about future trends etc, so maybe start interacting with them to give you a leg up in selling some of the hot items.

You also may want to look at some wholesale forums, the big one is http://www.wholesaleforum.com, it has a lot of overseas people, but a lot of Australians too. This might help with some of the basics of retailing.

This is a pretty basic post for you, I really hope it helps and once again welcome :)

Hi Mischelle,

Wasn’t a basic post at all – I’ve done the planning stage and have a pretty clear vision of what we want to achieve. My main hurdle is really getting brands to want to stock with me, trying to find something that is going to make our store stand out above the rest you know

Your help is very much appreciated

thank you again :)

MATTER of Opinion
    Up
    Elizabeth-FE, post: 237339, member: 47196 wrote:
    Hi,
    I would strongly recommend you start with a business plan so that you can work through all of the questions that need to be answered on your desired market positioning, target customer, competitor analysis, price positioning, product range and aesthetic, sourcing strategy, sales and distribution strategy, marketing plan and financial analysis.

Start to think of the brands you would like to range in our online boutique. Do you want local / international brands or do you want to develop your own label at some stage? There should be totally aligned with your desired target customer and market positioning (e.g. high end / mid market / price pointed)

There are lots of fashion agencies you can approach re buying at wholesale or wholesalers directly. Once you have a clearer idea of your direction feel free to get in touch if I can be of further assistance.

Hi Elizabeth

I definitely have a clear vision of what I want to achieve, my main hurdle is obtaining stock and how I’m going to approach wholesalers and distributors – what can we do that is going to make us stand out from the rest type thing.

I’d love to discuss more if you want to email us at [email protected]

shannon92
    • Total posts: 17
    Up
    MATTER of Opinion, post: 237297, member: 82746 wrote:
    Hi Shannon,

Just had a look at your website and we’d definitely consider some of the stock you have, are the prices advertised set?

feel free to shoot me an email to discuss more

[email protected]

Hey there,

I’ve sent you through an email.

Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.