Home – New Forums Starting your journey wordplay….anyone in?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jazzah
    • Total posts: 193
    Up
    ::

kids party venue….
    kids party place…..
    kids party space….
    kids Party zone….

The working is to go on a light box out the front. It is quite large, 1.5m wide x 2.4m high.

Just not sure what to go with and can’t think of anything else!

Cheers
    Jazzah

Netorigin
    • Total posts: 421
    Up
    Jazzah, post: 81417 wrote:
    kids party venue….
    kids party place…..
    kids party space….
    kids Party zone….

The working is to go on a light box out the front. It is quite large, 1.5m wide x 2.4m high.

Cheers
    Jazzah

I like the ‘Kids Party Zone’ name.

Cheers,
    Shaun

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Kids Party Zone gets my vote.

Jazzah
    Up

Mmm if you saw Kids Party Zone on a light sign, would you understand that we hold kids parties?

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I guess it depends if it’s just text or can you have pictures of balloons with the text?

If it’s text only maybe ‘space’ is better – Kids Party Space

Jazzah
    Up
    KarenC, post: 81429 wrote:
    I guess it depends if it’s just text or can you have pictures of balloons with the text?

We will have our logo and name, like the heading on our webpage…………….but have some space to out some key words below it. So there will be a present on the sign.

It’s just so big! Not sure what to do!

Jazzah
    Up
    KarenC, post: 81429 wrote:

We will have our logo and name, like the heading on our webpage…………….but have some space to out some key words below it. So there will be a present on the sign.

It’s just so big! Not sure what to do!

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up

Why not just have your logo really massive?

HammockFG
    • Total posts: 136
    Up

I like kid’s party place (just to be different!) :)

GailH
    • Total posts: 217
    Up

Another vote for zone … plus you have to promise us to use an apostrophe! :)

Kids’ Party Zone

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total posts: 40
    Up

Kids party….
    city or town
    pad
    station
    village
    country
    kingdom (puts a ring to it with “k.p.k.”)
    turf

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up
    Jazzah, post: 81417 wrote:
    kids party venue….
    kids party place…..
    kids party space….
    kids Party zone….

Cheers
    Jazzah

Hi Jazzah – be mindful of the ‘trademark’ issue in choosing the name to use in a promotional sense like this; MY PARTY PLACE is a registered trademark for same type of activities as yours; PARTY ZONE, recently accepted as a trademark for products relating to parties; nothing pending/registered that includes Party Space.

Of those mentioned, I would be inclined to suggest keeping away from “KIDS PARTY PLACE”, as My Party Place is quite similar and services are the same, so, the owner of that trademark could investigate and if appropriate take action for infringement.

NB: The above is really brief/preliminary findings and comments and ‘infringement’ matters incorporate a number of factors on a case-by-case basis. The issue of whether your promotion of a name is in fact use “as a trademark” and whether that’s likely to step on any toes should be considered..

Kathy Creaner
    • Total posts: 152
    Up

My vote is for Kids Party Zone.

For me, zone says “plenty of room” and “special rules apply here”. Place doesn’t have the same sense of special purpose to me and space doesn’t always mean a lot of room, e.g. shift up and make space for me.

I did a quick search on Google Australia for Kids Party Zone, Kids Party Place and Kids Party Space. Party Zone seems a lot more popular.

Jazzah
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 81512 wrote:
    Hi Jazzah – be mindful of the ‘trademark’ issue in choosing the name to use in a promotional sense like this; MY PARTY PLACE is a registered trademark for same type of activities as yours; PARTY ZONE, recently accepted as a trademark for products relating to parties; nothing pending/registered that includes Party Space.

Of those mentioned, I would be inclined to suggest keeping away from “KIDS PARTY PLACE”, as My Party Place is quite similar and services are the same, so, the owner of that trademark could investigate and if appropriate take action for infringement.
    QUOTE]

Ok my niave questions here! Party place is so generic, it is not the name of our business, just a description of services. So if we have our business name/logo and a lsit of a few services such as

helium balloons
    kids party supplies
    cake decorating
    kids party zone

on signage would that infringe? Oh dear I really dont want anymore trouble, I have too much of it to handle already!

Jazzah

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up
    Jazzah, post: 81533 wrote:
    Ok my niave questions here! Party place is so generic, it is not the name of our business, just a description of services. So if we have our business name/logo and a lsit of a few services such as

helium balloons
    kids party supplies
    cake decorating
    kids party zone

on signage would that infringe? Oh dear I really dont want anymore trouble, I have too much of it to handle already!

Jazzah

Hi Jazzah – that’s why I added the “NB” – A trademark by definition is a ‘sign’ – be that a name, logo etc that you are using to distinguishing goods/services from those of other traders; to infringe a registered trademark, your use of a particular set of wording would need to be a use that meets the above definition; if used purely to indicate nature/kind of services etc, then no, it’s not an infringement basically.

If the name, eg: KIDS PARTY PLACE will feature in the light box you mentioned prominently, and in such a way patrons or passers by could assume that this is your ‘name’ because of its prominent placement and be left thinking “oh, I might book a party at Kids Party Place down the road” this could be ‘use as a trademark’ and could be an issue if there are registered TMs.

However, if it will purely be as a description, as indicated in your last thread this should be ok. It is up to trademark owners to monitor these things and act if/when they believe appropriate.

Hope that helps settle your concerns :) – Didn’t mean to worry you, just wanting to make sure that the ‘use’ you describe was in a generic sense and not as the ‘branding’ in the light box outside your premises.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.