Home – New Forums Tech talk WordPress 3.3 update breaking websites

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Phillip P
    • Total posts: 254
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone….

We have been fixing wordpress sites all day today after many have decided to update their wordpress websites to the latest version 3.3.

So just a warning don’t update your wordpress sites as yet as this may cause some problems with some :)

If you are having problems please dont hesitate to post in here and I can try walk you through the recovery process!

Regards

Phil

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

What’s it doing and why is it doing it? Is it better to wait until the next update?

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

What’s it doing and why is it doing it? Is it better to wait until the next update?

Phillip P
    Up

Its needs a wordpress db update but the wp-tables are getting mixed up with old and new versions and its causing it problems for some…

At the moment i would wait.

Phillip P
    Up

Its needs a wordpress db update but the wp-tables are getting mixed up with old and new versions and its causing it problems for some…

At the moment i would wait.

Bob Jones
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

I’ve updated about 6 wordpress sites – all with different configurations – and haven’t seen any issues personally.

Bob Jones
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

I’ve updated about 6 wordpress sites – all with different configurations – and haven’t seen any issues personally.

Phillip P
    Up

i know it has not affected everyone… im just giving people the heads up…

Phillip P
    Up

i know it has not affected everyone… im just giving people the heads up…

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

I don’t think it’s ever a good idea for a “client” to press the “update wordpress” button….. it can very often break the site.

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

I don’t think it’s ever a good idea for a “client” to press the “update wordpress” button….. it can very often break the site.

websitedesigner
    • Total posts: 917
    Up

We’ve updated a lot of sites and most seem to be ok, haven’t run into any database issues.

It’s generally probably safer to wait a few weeks after a new release but like CondorCreative says I think it’s best if the web designer does this so they can test it and fix it as soon as it’s done.

websitedesigner
    • Total posts: 917
    Up

We’ve updated a lot of sites and most seem to be ok, haven’t run into any database issues.

It’s generally probably safer to wait a few weeks after a new release but like CondorCreative says I think it’s best if the web designer does this so they can test it and fix it as soon as it’s done.

Phillip P
    Up

I agree clients should not do this themselves and non of mine have… These are now new clients that broke their sites :)

Phillip P
    Up

I agree clients should not do this themselves and non of mine have… These are now new clients that broke their sites :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.