Home – New Forums Tech talk WordPress blog/plugin question.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    The Copy Chick
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    ::

Hi all, I’ve recently added a plugin to my blog which shows related posts with their thumbnail at the end of each post. The only problem is, my Facebook share button sits above the related posts, while my Twitter rewteet button sits under it – and is subsequently easy to overlook.

Does anyone know how I can get these two buttons back in the same spot? I’ve tried a few different options, but with no success.

The only other thing I think think of is to have them both at the top of the post, but I dislike having to scroll back up if I want to share something, which is why I positioned my SM share buttons at the bottom.

Cheers,
    Anna :)

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

usually settings within the plugin options to say where it is displayed…

The Copy Chick
    Up

Ah.. there’s the problem. Just like the SM share buttons, they all have the option to go “at the bottom of the post”. I just can’t find a way to get more specific than that.

I even considered because I had a left alignment for both my Twitter and Facebook buttons that might be part of the problem, but playing around with the alignment doesn’t resolve one being above the plug-in and one beneath.

It’s driving me crazy..!

I’ve even gone trawling through the CSS code to see if I could find where these could be manipulated, but can’t find anything obvious (and I don’t want to REALLY mess things up).

Appreciate your feedback though. Thanks :)

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

http://sharethis.com/ maby use one of these – will at least group the T FB together…
    or just move the current ones to top of the page

seems some plugins just dont get along with others and cause no end of messing about…

The Copy Chick
    Up

Thanks for the link. It’s one of those widgets I’ve been meaning to explore, but just haven’t had the time (figured what I had in place would get me by for the minute).

Think I’ll definitely be loading this one up!

Cheers :D

Netorigin
    • Total posts: 421
    Up
    craiglongmuir.com, post: 71853 wrote:
    http://sharethis.com/ maby use one of these – will at least group the T FB together…
    or just move the current ones to top of the page

seems some plugins just dont get along with others and cause no end of messing about…

An alternative is to Share This is http://addthis.com :)

Cheers,
    Shaun

The Copy Chick
    Up

Thanks for the responses. I now have a spanky new share panel which slides down the side of my post. I even colour-coordinated it to match my site :)

Jexley
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

For little plugin niggles and issues like this, just email me and I’ll sort ’em out. I don’t go touting it all over this forum, but I’m a Galaxy-Class Starship Admiral at WordPress.

Email: [email protected] and I’ll make it all better.

Aymeric
    • Total posts: 39
    Up
    The Copy Chick, post: 71837 wrote:
    Hi all, I’ve recently added a plugin to my blog .

I went on your website to check out your blog but I couldn’t find it on the home page! There is no “blog” link anywhere. I found afterwards that you have a “This week’s blog” section but it wasn’t obvious.

I think for a writer having a blog is really important and visitors probably look for it when they come to your website. I’d suggest you make your blog easier to find.

Cheers!

The Copy Chick
    Up

Hi Aymeric,

You’ll find it in the menu bar which is at the top of all my pages:

The Write Stuff
    BLOG*NEWS*FUN

And there’s the link on the side bar of the Home page which takes you to the latest blog post (and from there you can find earlier posts).

Perhaps your focus went to the link boxes at the top of my homepage which I tried to make very obvious, since these are what pay my bills :)

I’d be interested if others have also found it difficult to find.

Shoey
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi, I didn’t actually see it either, so I came back to your post, read it again and then found it. To tell the truth I don’t know how I missed it in the first place.

The Copy Chick
    Up

@ Jexley That’s a really kind offer. Thank you (BTW I just started following you on Twitter so I can pester there as well ;) )

@ Shoey – following Aymeric’s comment, I asked my FB peeps if they found my link easily. Some did, some didn’t… so I’ll be rethinking how I structure things to try and make it more obvious. After all, there’s some words of brilliance to be read there!!!! (heh heh) :D

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.