Home – New Forums New here? Share your story WordPress designer, freelance writer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DorothyM
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

I seem to have become a small business person by accident, but now I’m here, I may as well say hi!

I’ve been running my own websites for years as a hobby, but didn’t realise how much I knew until an acquaintance needed help with her newly designed WordPress site. I not only fixed the problems she was having, but set up her WooCommerce shop from scratch. I’ve since created four other sites, one of them a WooCommerce shop.

I always assumed that because I wasn’t a graphic designer, I couldn’t design websites – but I’ve learned that in the end, making the thing look pretty is the least important aspect of a site. I understand how to make a site function. As a writer, I can also create content.

I’m semi-retired so I am not knocking myself out for new business but I am enjoying this new adventure and it’s a thrill creating a new site for a new small business and helping them start out on their dream.

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up
    ::

Hi DorothyM

Thanks for joining Flying Solo. The ‘accidental business’ is something we talk about in our little book and you’ll see a number of others in a similar situation here.

Your accidental business sounds like a nice one!

Robert and the FS Crew

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.