Home – New Forums Tech talk WordPress – Hacking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    @HeatherSmithAU
    • Total posts: 525
    Up
    ::

Hello Happy Friday,

Thank-you in advance.

1. Can you please explain where I go to look for a log to see IP addresses of someone trying to hack into my WordPress site.

2. Where do I go to blacklist IP addresses?

3. I use BlueHost.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    @HeatherSmithAU, post: 182178 wrote:
    Hello Happy Friday,

Thank-you in advance.

1. Can you please explain where I go to look for a log to see IP addresses of someone trying to hack into my WordPress site.

3. I use BlueHost.

Most Web Hosting sites also give you and admin login to monitor and control you site. From this you can usually see which IP’s have accessed your site, traffic patterns, etc. try logging into your admin account

digitalclass
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

Hi Heather,

In Bluehost you can view ip address of visitors as well as block Ip addresses using the IP Deny Manager Tool

Or use can use a WordPress plugin such as Better WP Security, which keeps a log of all Ip addresses trying to login to your site unsuccessfully, it temporarily blocks IP addresses after 5 unsuccessful login attempts (or however many you specify) as well as allowing you to permanently block IP addresses.

Michael

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up

From memory BlueHost used a highly customised cPanel interface which can be a bit confusing to navigate.

DigitalClass’s reply is right on the money though. Just be careful not to lock your own IP Address out accidently!

Maclean

MichaelDigital
    • Total posts: 140
    Up
    @HeatherSmithAU, post: 182178 wrote:
    Hello Happy Friday,

Thank-you in advance.

3. I use BlueHost.

Hi, the very best WordPress anti-hacking tool I have discovered (I have been online since 1996) is called ‘Wordfence’ this is a free plugin and gives you precise control over your wordpress site-you can see who has been trying to login with ‘admin’-you should never use ‘Admin’ as the administrator account-and you can block to your heart’s content.Lots more tools.
    Cheers

markshaz
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

I agree with Thorn, word fence not only shows you who is trying to get in but you can block them very easily.

Mark

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.