Home – New Forums Marketing mastery WordPress Plugin Marketing Ideas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    NickMorris
    Participant
    • Total posts: 283
    Up
    ::

Ok so I typed out this reply to someone’s question about how to market a photograph watermark WordPress plugin and now the thread is gone so I decided to post it anyway. Anyone got any ideas to add?

-contact some prominent photographer bloggers and offer them the plugin for free for review (problogger.net is pretty into photography)
    -start a blog or write some articles or guest posts about related subjects such as photography or digital rights management
    -start an affiliate program
    -try to get it reviewed or featured on sites about photographer or plugins or both
    -add it to plugin marketplaces (not sure how many of these there are)
    -find some photography themes and try and make a deal to bundle in your plugin with their theme for a fee or get the free version bundled in to help increase adoption

Tracey G
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

How annoying that the thread disappeared before you could post your suggestions, Nick.

All of your suggestions are great.

I would also suggest taking some photos and use the plugin to create a watermark (that’s what I’m assuming the plugin does) then post the photos on Pinterest with a link back to the plugin website.

It helps if you have photographers following you on Pinterest, or if you use the word ‘watermark’ (and other well-chosen keywords) in your caption.

Also, create a page (or blog post) which provides a good, comprehensive description of the plugin and its benefits to owners of WordPress photography sites. Submit the URL of the page to Dzone, CSS Globe (the Community News section) and Design Bump. These are sites which accept submissions of design/web development blog posts for promotion (they don’t take the entire post, just a summary and link) and they have a pretty good readership.

You could also submit to the usual social media platforms (twitter, Reddit, Digg, StumbleUpon).

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Nick and Tracey,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but that thread was spam. :(

Cheers,
    Jayne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.