Home – New Forums Marketing mastery WordPress – Share your best plugin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    victorng
    • Total posts: 626
    Up
    ::

In addition to what a lot of others have said, I also like:

Insights – which lets you quickly search and insert information (links, images, videos, maps, news, from your blog and the net) into blog posts

Wordpress DB Backup – essential for backing up your WP database

Wordpress Backup by BTE – for backing up the uploads directory, theme directory and plugins

Tim Davies
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Thanks Victor. Great suggestions and timely. I was only looking at back up solutions a couple of days ago as I want to upgrade WP but im a little hesitant to before doing a full backup.

Does anyone constantly upgrade when they become available? Are there ever any problems with content afterwards?

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Hi Tim,

I tend to upgrade a week or so after the upgrade becomes available and on a ‘test domain’ (read – one I don’t worry about) first.

I figure that way I should know about any problems with the upgrade before I do it on domains I do care about!

Call me reckless but I only bother with back-ups on a couple of sites now (read – those I care most about).

Never had a problem with content :)

morpheyous
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Hey Everyone,

You can’t go past “easy adsenser” easily adds google adsence to multiple places on your blog.

Really simple, give it a go.

kidsbooks32
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

I also use All in one SEO pack. I’m pretty sure everybody uses it. It’s great for search engine traffic.

blinkhme
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

My favourites are Google analytics for WP, AVH first defense against spam, StatsSurfer, Menubar and WP Carousel.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Yoast WordPress SEO – gives me top ranking for desired keywords within a few hours

Samot
    • Total posts: 157
    Up

I actually wrote a wordpress plugin called Social Sidebar

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/social-sidebar/

5500 downloads!

chexton
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

I am personally a fan of “Facebook Comments for WordPress”. If you run a blog where comments and interaction is important I think this is a great way to go as it makes adding the Facebook comment system and Like buttons to each post super easy.

There is some contention as to whether Facebook comments are better than Disqus and the like, but I think they’re great – it really helps stop the spam as people have to take some accountability for they’re saying!

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/facebook-comments-for-wordpress/

Shoey
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

My favourite plugin is YARRP (Yet another related posts plugin). Returns a list of related entries based on a unique algorithm for display on your blog and RSS feeds. Great for seo.

I also like wordpress Seo.

T j Turner
    • Total posts: 240
    Up

Does anyone know of a good shopping cart plugin for my online store

DreamscanbeVisions
    • Total posts: 284
    Up
    T j Turner, post: 75397 wrote:
    Does anyone know of a good shopping cart plugin for my online store
    Zen cart is quite straightforward & easy to use, YAK is another good one but does have alot more things to setup.
    MarketingHQ
    • Total posts: 142
    Up

A few of my favourites and none related to SEO:

Evermore: no, not a rockband. It summarises your blog posts on your main blog page rather than featuring the whole post.

WP Touch: Makes your blog mobile friendly.

Broken Link Checker: Emails you when broken links are on your site. Very handy.

All in One Favicon: Easy way to change the Favicon on your site in one go.

Less than web testimonials: Helps to format a testimonials page on your site.

WordPress Editorial Calender: Allows you to use drag and drop to change the dates and times of your blog posts.

Retweet Old Posts: Randomly tweets old blog posts at intervals you decide. Great to get value out of old blog posts.

Enjoy..

OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314
    Up

Advanced Excerpt – the size of the excerpt can be limited using character or word count, and HTML markup is not removed.

AJAX Thumbnail Rebuild
    AntiVirus
    Contact Form 7
    Disqus Comment System
    FeedBurner FeedSmith
    Insights
    Jetpack by WordPress.com
    No Revisions
    TinyMCE Advanced
    WordPress Database Backup
    WordPress SEO
    WP Minify
    WP Smush.it
    WP Super Cache
    Yet Another Related Posts Plugin

these are most of the plugins I use on essentialnothing.com which is my most ‘blog-like’ site

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.