Home – New Forums Tech talk WordPress website has error messages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    BTD
    • Total posts: 40
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I have recently had a wordpress site done and have website defender monitoring it. I have received some messages saying there are some errors on pages. Can someone please point me in the right direction to fix these errors. I have no idea! My website is http://www.behindthedoorwines.com.au and you can see the errors when you click on wine and look in my sidebar on righthand side it has some weird script that should not be there!

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Sally

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Hi Sally, I can’t help but I had a look and no errors are showing on my computer.

Mac/Firefox

BTD
    Up

Hi Karen,

Thanks for taking a look. When I go to my site in the right hand sidebar if you have a look where it says ” recent wine articles” that is where I see some weird text, which my error messages seem to relate to.

Anyone?

Sally

JaneB
    • Total posts: 324
    Up

I had a look and didn’t see any error messages Sally so it may be something that only you as the owner is seeing.

First clear your cache and cookies and see if that helps.

There are some odd things which go on at WordPress. If you contact the support forum at wordpress.org some bright spark may be able to help.

Did the guy who created the site for you not offer any continuing support at all – I mean – included in the initial set up?

Jane

fredfarcle
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

I’m getting the error when using the drop down sub menu.

(Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘TheCartPress::loop_start’ was given in /home/qua47297/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 486
    )

Definitely a bug in your code somewhere, it’s not an external hack, looks like it could be in the shopping cart plugin or maybe the call to it from the menu.

Back to whoever built the site I think, maybe it’s an obvious one for one of the WordPress guru’s here.

Luth6322
    • Total posts: 82
    Up

Hi Sally

Great looking website. I had a bit of a look around, and it doesn’t seem to be on every page.

Found it on the olives and olive oil page, but seem to be fine on the home page, and when I was looking at some of the wines.

Hope that helps.

Carrie

John C.
    • Total posts: 439
    Up

I don’t see any errrors – what browser are you using?

John

fredfarcle
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

I get the error on all the “wine” submenus (not the main menu item).

I’m using Chrome on a Mac, the error is also in the source code.

Javascript and PHP aren’t my strong points but there seems to be a call back function looking for an argument that’s not there.

Don’t know about WordPress but in some frameworks there is a development mode where bugs are printed to screen until you tell it to stop.

Luth6322
    • Total posts: 82
    Up

I’m using Mozilla Firefox, if that helps with the issue.

Netorigin
    • Total posts: 421
    Up
    Luth6322, post: 87742 wrote:
    Hi Sally

Great looking website. I had a bit of a look around, and it doesn’t seem to be on every page.

Found it on the olives and olive oil page, but seem to be fine on the home page, and when I was looking at some of the wines.

Hope that helps.

Carrie

I’m seeing the same error on the Olives and Olive Oils page. I’m using Firefox 6.0 if that helps.

Cheers,
    Shaun

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

I’m not going to try and confuse you with a lot of technical jargon, so I’m just gonna say that you need to speak with whoever put the site together for you and/or the developer of the cart plugin you’re using (or someone that has a lot of experience using it).

John C.
    Up

Yes that’s definitely something that should be covered under warranty by your original web developer – unless of course you’ve made changes to the site since hand over. Either way they should be able to help you with it for little or no cost.

It seems like you’re running a WordPress site, and the error only appears to me on the Olives and Olive Oils page, so I would check to see whether you have something out of the ordinary in the “Recent Wine Articles” widget that shows on that page only. It seems a little weird that you would have anything related to your shopping cart showing at that widget, so perhaps you’ve copied a shopping cart shortcode there by mistake?

Good luck with it.

Cheers,
    John

John C.
    Up
    onsiteTECHS, post: 87798 wrote:
    Yes that’s definitely something that should be covered under warranty by your original web developer – unless of course you’ve made changes to the site since hand over. Either way they should be able to help you with it for little or no cost.

It seems like you’re running a WordPress site, and the error only appears to me on the Olives and Olive Oils page, so I would check to see whether you have something out of the ordinary in the “Recent Wine Articles” widget that shows on that page only. It seems a little weird that you would have anything related to your shopping cart showing at that widget, so perhaps you’ve copied a shopping cart shortcode there by mistake?

Good luck with it.

Cheers,
    John

On second look the error does appear on all your product pages, but always in that “Recent Wine Articles” widget – so check the code for that widget and see why it’s different on the product pages as opposed to your home page and other pages.

Cheers,
    John

Rubens
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

As John has suggested. Have a look at the widget in the sidebar with Recent Wine Articles.

There are definitely two widgets in that area, one with links to blog posts (Hello World is showing up) and one that has to do with your shopping card. If this is the case I would sugest disabling the shopping cart extension as a means of trouble shooting. If this fixes the issue then advise your developer to look into the implementation. Otherwise, there would appear to be a problem with the template itself.

Let me know if I can help out.

Cheers,

Rubens

Leveraging IT for Solopreneurs

BTD
    Up
    Luth6322, post: 87742 wrote:
    Hi Sally

Hope that helps.

Carrie
    Thanks Carrie, I think this one might be for my guy who did my site in the first place! I havent forgot to send through my order form to you to look at, we have been interstate for a few days so will send it through soon.

Sally

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.