Home – New Forums Tech talk WordPress/Woocommerce and Opencart

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    justinng
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I am on my way to set up my website by myself. Can you show me which is better between Woo and Opencart? Thanks

benhutton
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

That would depend what you’re trying to do with your website.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

This question is asked all the time on FS.

The easy answer is that selecting a specific shopping cart is the simple part.

There is no shopping cart I know that offers attractive, simple, effective merchandising functions – that’s what is really important.

They are all basically versions of warehousing, order taking and distribution systems. That means they all tend to degrade shopping sites to the lowest common denominator of price competition.

The important differences between Woo and Opencart will depend on the skill of the developer that implements each one.

The important first step is for you to research and plan how you are going to market your products online. Then decide what page publishing functions you will need.

Shopping cart programs don’t usually support online marketing very effectively unless you plan on simply using paid advertising.
    Regs,
    JohnW

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

All those doing similar things, with some more optimised for speed and / or easy of management. Either way it is best to have some help or at least input from experts which have created similar online shops to the one you are working towards.

JbytheBay
    • Total posts: 38
    Up

I’ve worked with Woo but not opencart so sorry can’t give you a comparison, I did like Woo, they are based in Cape Town and have been very good ito communicating and support.
    I thought to mention you may also want to keep in mind the need to import 1000’s of products at once, with Woo I had to purchase another plugin to do this, not sure what the options are with opencart…. likely they are similar.

Pin Payments
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

WooCommerce would definitely be one of the most popular systems used by our merchants, definitely in the top 5. We also work with Opencart, but WooCommerce seems to be the more popular of the two, for what it’s worth.

harryduncan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Well you should go for Woocommerce. Here is why.. You will have more Control Over Your Store, Endless Flexibility and Customization, More Control Over Pricing also you can access to a Close-Knit Community. And WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin. Considering that WordPress is currently powering more than 40% of websites, the popularity of WooCommerce is quite evident. It is free to install, and you only have to pay for hosting and the domain. Additionally, WooCommerce is quite a user-friendly ecommerce platform, and the ability to customize lets you set up the store just the way you want. If you want to read more about how you can migrate your store from opencart to woocommerce. Here it is.

winwinweb05
    Participant
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Have you decided Woo and Opencart? It is depends on No of products and scaling and person who handles backend.

Endymar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

My website is on Opencart. As for me it’s convenient multifunctional and intuitive platform. It works with many goods and offers many opportunities.

juanmark
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

I want to ask you what will the problem you are faced with? [Mod Edit To Remove Promotional Content] How can my woocommerce development company my team can contact you?

Williamsheikspare
    Participant
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Hi all,

I am on my way to set up my website by myself. Can you show me which is better between Woo and Opencart? Thanks

Hi all,

That would depend what you’re trying to do with your website.

Hi all,

All those doing similar things, with some more optimised for speed and / or easy of management. Either way it is best to have some help or at least input from experts which have created similar online shops to the one you are working towards.

My website is on Opencart. As for me it’s convenient multifunctional and intuitive platform. It works with many goods and offers many opportunities.

you must mention the type of website.

Nitish Kumar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing between Woocommerce and Opencart, including features, customization options, scalability, and pricing. However, one of the most important things to consider is your business needs.

Woocommerce is often regarded as being more versatile than Opencart because it offers greater flexibility in terms of designing your own templates while also allowing for better product management with its integrated auctions and wishlists module. It also allows you to create custom checkout processes and integrate third-party services like PayPal into your website.

Opencart has been around longer than Woocommerce and arguably offers a more user-friendly interface. Additionally, it supports multiple languages which can be helpful if you want to make your site accessible globally. Lastly, prices for both platforms tend to be lower compared too other ecommerce solutions on the market today. So overall? It depends on what specific features are required by your business!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.