Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Work from home and love it

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mindy
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself to you all on here. My name is Mindy, and I work at home with my husband in our online promotional business. We embrace the challenges that come with working on our business and raising our two boys. I love any websites that are dedicated to self employed people and I look forward to reading and interacting with the online community here at flying solo :)

MissieK
    • Total posts: 234
    Up

Hi Mindy,

Welcome to Flying Solo.

How old are your kids? I’m also a WAHM of 2 kids – both boys aged 5 & 7.

Melissa

Publishing428
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Hi Mindy,

Welcome to the forum.

I also work from home and have a daughter, Avah, aged 2. I’d love to have my hubby at home working with me (I think???!!) (Maybe in a different room)

Regards,

Lynda

Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Up

Hi Mindy

What a cute name … but I digress.

Welcome!

I also work from home and absolutely adore it. In fact, I don’t think I could go back to a ‘9 to 5’, particularly since I’m a nightowl so my hours are more noon until 3 am.

I’d also love to have my husband working from home too. I’m working on increasing my bottom line so that can be a possibility. He’s an IT infrastructure/back-end developer so that would come in handy with all the ‘fiddly’ bits that I do, but would rather avoid so I can concentrate on the design aspect, which is what I enjoy most.

Anyway, that’s enough about me!

Make yourself at home. We all have. :-)

Oxfordtrading
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi ,

I have a hairdressing business in a popular cafe district , however the rent is high. I would love to work from home and have the opportunity to set up at home now as the restaurant in front of my premises wants my space thereby taking over the lease. He has offered me a sum as well due to the area being popular. I don’t benefit as much with walk by trade as i am in a lane way. I am tempted to accept the offer to alleviate all my over heads but am worried some clients won’t want to come to a home set up. I am sure a good number would. I hear home based hairdressers do well.

Renee Barber
    Up
    Oxfordtrading, post: 4513 wrote:
    Hi ,

I have a hairdressing business in a popular cafe district , however the rent is high. I would love to work from home and have the opportunity to set up at home now as the restaurant in front of my premises wants my space thereby taking over the lease. He has offered me a sum as well due to the area being popular. I don’t benefit as much with walk by trade as i am in a lane way. I am tempted to accept the offer to alleviate all my over heads but am worried some clients won’t want to come to a home set up. I am sure a good number would. I hear home based hairdressers do well.

You could always take an informal survey to get a feel for what your clients want. You could also offer a mobile service (with probably a slightly higher rate to cover your costs) at your customers’ homes, which I hear is very popular, at least in Brissy where the daughter-in-law of a very good friend of mine operates her mobile hairdressing business.

Just remember, where there’s a will, there’s always a way. It’s a cliché of course, but many of them are true!

relentless
    • Total posts: 137
    Up

that’s right there is a big market for mobile hairdressers, some people love the convenience of not having to go out, much like us stay at home workers!

Renee Barber
    Up

Actually, that would be a good spin for your marketing as sooner than I want to think about, the wintry months will be upon us … Of course, then you won’t want to go out either! I guess you’d just have to make sure your prices are set so you won’t begrudge having to leave the comforts of home.

In any case, most people realise they have to pay for convenience. It might also give people more incentive to switch over to your home-based hairdressing if you make it a point to say a decrease in prices (because of your decrease in overheads) are on offer.

Please keep us posted! :-)

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

Welcome Mindy …

I also work from home with my partner (we’ve been doing this for the last 10 months) … it’s great, we love working together, but definitely means you need to focus on getting some ‘time out’ every now and then … otherwise you forget to miss one another …

No children here, apart from the furry one … but I think those of you with skin-ones are on a better wicket … my one is stupid and won’t get much better … someone told me once that the problem with dogs is that they have the brain of a 3 year old child that never grows up …

Lucki
    • Total posts: 147
    Up

HI Mindy,

Welcome aboard!

I too work from home and love it! I think going back to the 9 to 5 lacks appeal for me now, having had the experience of setting up an online business, it’s definitely easier to juggle kids and work.

Enjoy the journey, it’s an exciting one!

Cheers

Sheree
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

Hi Mindy

I am home based, have a son and my partner Brendan.

I also love having flying solo. it is great sharing ideas storiesetc with everyone.
    I went to your website, you have a very comprehensive range to offer.

It is extremely wonderful using time exactly how and when it suits. I am aware that it so important to keep life in balance.
    I love being able to swim in our pool when the sun is shining.

We went to see Duplicity with Julia Roberts on Thurday evening,was able to get work complete and still fit in social/entertainment.

ciao

Sheree Montgomerie
    AttractingclientstoyourBiz

Small Business Marketing Experts
    http://www.smallbusinessmarketingcd.com
    coachingsuccess@mysoul.com.au
    Coach/PsychEd consultant
    (03) 9798 4361

kpk
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hello everyone,

My name is Kalpesh. I am working full time in Children’s Hospital. But I am looking for some idea to work from home for extra income. Please let me know if I can something in the evening and weekends. I don’t have much money to invest.

Thank you. Looking forward to hearing from some one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.