Home – New Forums Starting your journey Workers Compensation Help for NSW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    happygirl
    • Total posts: 111
    Up
    ::

Hi
    Hoping you can help please.

My friend is an independant contractor (Pty Ltd Company). She has been requested to provide declaration of wages for Workers Compensation to her company that she is contracting to.

She does not have this – who is responsible for workers compensation insurance – would that be herself or the company to whom she is contracting her services to.

Thanks for help :-)

StellarScott
    • Total posts: 239
    Up

All businesses in NSW who employ workers must have a valid workers compensation policy

As your friend’s business is a Pty Ltd company she must be paying her self wages or some other form of remuneration and these will be liable for workers comp.

more info @

http://www.workcover.nsw.gov.au/insurancepremiums/Policies/Workerstatusservice/Pages/default.aspx

22523#deleted
    • Total posts: 25
    Up
    happygirl, post: 69195 wrote:
    Hi

My friend is an independant contractor (Pty Ltd Company). She has been requested to provide declaration of wages for Workers Compensation to her company that she is contracting to.

In Qld we are always asked for this information for new contracts in our Cable Location Business, but as we do not have employees, only the director doing all the work, we do not have Workers Comp. When applying for new contracts we simply state this on the forms and it is sufficient. It has never stopped us gaining contracts.

StellarScott
    • Total posts: 239
    Up

In NSW working directors are ’employees’ for workers compensation and policy must be held

Probably 6 different rules in 6 different states

Melita
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi There

I only last week faced this problem. If you are a Pty Ltd company earning less than $7500 per annum then you are automatically covered by Workers Compensation although your friend will need public liability cover. A certificate of currency is issued and this is enough to cover them when contracting. Obviously if they have been around for a bit longer and are earning more than $7500 then they will need the workers compensation cover.

Hope that was of some help.

Melita

happygirl, post: 69195 wrote:
    Hi

She does not have this – who is responsible for workers compensation insurance – would that be herself or the company to whom she is contracting her services to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.