Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Working With Marketing Providers: Biggest Frustration?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    TheChangeStarter
    Participant
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 269455, member: 78928 wrote:
    Let’s say the business let’s the phone run through to message bank instead of answering or doesn’t have a decent returns policy or doesn’t get a quote back in a reasonable time, or argues with customers etc,etc, etc… the list of what businesses do wrong is almost endless.

For any or all of the things above, it is best for the Marketer to ask for a fee and deliver on what they can control.
    I really agree with this. Taking on any risk, is taking on 100% of business risk, which isn’t a fair risk to take on. I think the principle works, but in reality it’s tough to control the implementation.

TheChangeStarter
    Participant
    Up

Thanks to everyone who has replied to this thread. It’s been a great experience to hear everyone’s points of view here so far. Hope you all have a great weekend! Stevie :-)

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi Stevie,

I thought of a page you might be interested in.

This is a single pager and I think he does a good job delivering his message succinctly.

See here

Here is another of my favourite marketing sites – they sell the results well. https://marketingresults.com.au/

Cheers

TheChangeStarter
    Participant
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 269479, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi Stevie,

I thought of a page you might be interested in.

This is a single pager and I think he does a good job delivering his message succinctly.

See here

Here is another of my favourite marketing sites – they sell the results well. https://marketingresults.com.au/

Cheers
    Thanks Paul, I really appreciate you linking me those resources.

Stevie :)

Josari
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hey [USER=105645]@TheChangeStarter[/USER], great question!

I talk to a lot of small businesses and they often say they do all the marketing themselves because of exactly what you listed above.

There needs to be more transparency with marketing services. We need to help the small businesses to help themselves.

Be the coach, rather than the agency that promises the world and then blames “market conditions” or “not enough budget” for poor results.

Just my two cents worth :-)

MH08
    • Total posts: 284
    Up

This is has been a very interesting read and insights into how most are operating. But one thing I’ve never done in business is NEVER compromise, actually that’s probably with anything too.

All businesses are generally simplistic, we just want to make it as complex as possible to trick ourselves into thinking we are smart. I sometimes meet people that try to understand my business, and if you come off as robotic (which at least 60% are because they’re attempting to be professional), piece of advice. If your not being yourself as you would with close friends then why attempt the relationship with clients?

It’s all the same right. I used to tell my sales team in my last business, I had 30 or so reps, I always said, if you can get your customer/client/account to invite you to their home in two weeks your doing very well. Everyone is selling basically the same product with a shiny mag wheel attached, everyone knows what goes in the sauce.

That’s how I managed to get straight out of school reps to the level of 15 years plus experience and it’s not even experience I look for. Last time someone boasted about X amount of years experience, I said that’s great to have that confidence… But are you competent enough to keep up with the pace? Yeah well different answer there.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    MH08, post: 270260, member: 37395 wrote:
    Last time someone boasted about X amount of years experience, I said that’s great to have that confidence… But are you competent enough to keep up with the pace? Yeah well different answer there.

Thats a very interesting and valid comment, I recently went through the fun game of buying a new car. I didnt like the price the Sales Manager was offering, me and I basically put one question to him. He refused to answer, as his view was I had only bought 10 cars in my life, he had sold Thousands’ in his 15 years, so I had to play by his rules, because he was the ”expert””. The long and the short of it was I walked, 2 days later the owner of the business rang me with an offer over a thousand dollars better then I was going to accept if the silly Sales manager had played by my rules.

Effectively this guy cost his business over a thousand dollar’s, because he thought his ”experience” made him know the customer better then the customer did. Pure incompetence really.

Post script. The sales manager has recently reached out to me via text (What the), suggesting if I couldn’t give the dealership a 10 on every survey question to ring him. He knows full well a 10 wont be coming on one part of the sales team, even though on every other factor they will.

TheChangeStarter
    Participant
    Up
    Josari, post: 269930, member: 117982 wrote:
    Hey [USER=105645]@TheChangeStarter[/USER], great question!

I talk to a lot of small businesses and they often say they do all the marketing themselves because of exactly what you listed above.

There needs to be more transparency with marketing services. We need to help the small businesses to help themselves.

Be the coach, rather than the agency that promises the world and then blames “market conditions” or “not enough budget” for poor results.

Just my two cents worth :)

Thanks for your reply! There’s definitely a problem somewhere between transparency, expectation setting, experience and capability! I am researching this currently for a masters degree in digital marketing. I took a look at your platform Josari – very cool. I would love to connect directly with you to find out more?

Josari
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    TheChangeStarter, post: 270372, member: 105645 wrote:
    Thanks for your reply! There’s definitely a problem somewhere between transparency, expectation setting, experience and capability! I am researching this currently for a masters degree in digital marketing. I took a look at your platform Josari – very cool. I would love to connect directly with you to find out more?

Hi [USER=105645]@TheChangeStarter[/USER] happy to connect and discuss things further – please send me a PM or you can flick an e-mail to [email protected]. Alternatively give me a call on (07) 3040 6624. Talk soon! Paul

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.