Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Would appreciate some feedback/ fresh eyes on our established website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    IgniteDM
    • Total posts: 99
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

After reading many other threads it seems there are some folks in here with barrel loads of useful feedback and knowledge.. hopefully I can take advantage of some!

http://www.totalmicrosystems.com.au

Ive looked at the website so many times Im sure I cant have a non-biased opinion anymore and Im not sure what I am not seeing!

1. What needs reviewing?
    Considering reviewing the design to have a stronger call to action or make a stronger definition between business and home It support… do you think this is necessary?

2. What does your business do?
    IT Support for home and business users, computer sales repairs & upgrades on the Sunshine Coast & Hinterland areas.

3. Who is your target market?
    Anyone with a computer living on the Sunshine Coast or Hinterland areas!

4. What specific concerns do you have?

Im worried the website is not having enough impact on the viewing audience. The main reason we seem to have visitors that dont convert to valuable leads is the stigma of the area the business is located in, but thats a separate issue lol.

Do I need to rejig things to make it visually stronger?

I know that the inner pages need to have all content reviewed as its just too much. I did that initially to help with the rankings and Page Rank (Content is King!) and it did work as we now have a PR4 website… So now I can go back and edit all content and put more bullet points etc in.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts ! :o)

Cheers
    Tara

Safetybit
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hey Tara,

(IMO) I think the design of your website’s fine, I really like the mouses with cord trail up the top with the orange gradient in the background. However I feel that the two CONTACT US text under business and home IT support can be combined together somehow to make the call to action stronger.

Also I found a typo on this page (loosing their jobs -> losing)

mike_allen
    • Total posts: 74
    Up

Hi Tara,
    Visually your site looks great, but you do have sort of two header grapics, which takes up a fair bit of space. I reckon a snappy list of your most popular services would be good, with “must have” priorities. I’ll make some up here:

• Offsite Backup
    • Remote Support
    • Disaster Recovery
    • Software Upgrades

and you know what your best sellers are, which would make it a cinch.
    I agree with the two contact button issue, a bit confusing.

natj
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi,
    I do not mind the 2 columns you have- these are your main services and that’s fine but since your contact details for both are the same then put this in the middle (at the mo they appear on slightly uneven lines which is not very aesthetic.
    Also I wonder why you have the little guy in the chair within a box? This is simply to display your accreditations- leave the box off as it attracts too much attention.
    The box around the remote session button is good however.
    Some typos-
    Looking for quality, no-nonsense IT Support for your business? Look no further. At Total Microsystems, we believe that great IT Support shouldnt (apostrophe missing) cost the earth.
    Friendly, professional support for your business, when you need it. Its (apostrophe missing) that simple.. (one full stop needed)

Remote Support Clients – Please Click HERE To Our Remote Support Team. (HERE is simpler/shorter? Just a thought.)

Business solutions page 2.
    Too much space between the titles: IT Support Options & Ad Hoc IT Support (to keep the whole page consistent)

Bottom of page: Total Microsystems – providing personalised IT Solutions to Customers For Over 10 years.
    Check out our Specials Page For Great Bargains !

I personally hate sentences which over use capitals.
    Why caps on Solutions /customers/for/over and miss the years?
    It either all words or no words.

Love the colours and the graphics- the information is succinct and well written.
    Make sure the whole text is proof read again.
    Well done & good luck!

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up

Hi,

Overall I like the site and design. I think the top header is great, the colour scheme attractive, the top menu functional, and the “Total IT Solutions banner is nice.

Below this is where it falls away a little. I would put home/business with a keyline box around it, perhaps with a solid colour header for your title background of each – hope you know what I mean.

I also thing the “looking for quality no-nonsense….” bit should be at the top above the “Home” and “Business” as an introductory sentence – I’m a big believer that you need to tell people briefly who you are as a whole BEFORE you start splitting them off into sections. I also can’t for the life of me work out why the login for existing clients is contained within the same text box as a spiel about who you are and what you do – this should be a completely separate bit of info as they have quite distinct purposes and both devalue each other.

Hope this helps – if you would like any more advice please let me know.

Matt
    Marketing Web

IgniteDM
    Up

Thanks everyone for the feedback !

I’m in the process of redesigning the area under the header box (with the guy leaning on the mouse) as I also felt it just looked really unfinished.

At the moment we are going with another box with tabs… with our main features… they will rotate through on the home page.. or can be individually clicked on.

Ive imported all the text over to the new CMS and found so many spelling errors !

Also have updated so all H1 have much more impact and same for H2 – breaks up the text alot more.

Agreed with the point about double contact us – I felt the whole website didnt have 1 consistent call to action that was easy to identify on each page.

Ill work on incorporating alot of your suggestions.. thanks again !

IgniteDM
    Up
    marketingweb, post: 37687 wrote:
    Hi,
    I also can’t for the life of me work out why the login for existing clients is contained within the same text box as a spiel about who you are and what you do – this should be a completely separate bit of info as they have quite distinct purposes and both devalue each other.

Hope this helps – if you would like any more advice please let me know.

Matt
    Marketing Web

Good point.. it ended up there because so many of our customers seem to be quite blind and it was the only location we could think of that they would find easily ! In the redesign Ill relocate it !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.