Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Would love feedback on website video

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,

I’ve just spent a few hours on creating a little video (no singing girls promise!)
    and would love to get your feedback on the content and/or quality.

http://www.nominal.com.au/product/tour

This is suppose to be part of our lead conversion efforts, where we try to get visitors to trust us enough to download our trial software.

Thanks for your help!

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

looks good. bit hard to see whats going on but shows the software interface looks very slick and gives the jist of whats available.

hmirz
    • Total posts: 69
    Up

Hi nominal,

I thought the video was excellent actually. I enjoyed it and thought it was a very progressive idea for your particulary industry. The content was good and the presentation was slick.

Well done.

Best regards,
    Hamid Mirza
    Barrister-at-Law
    http://www.panachelegal.com

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up
    nominal, post: 69734 wrote:
    This is suppose to be part of our lead conversion efforts, where we try to get visitors to trust us enough to download our trial software.

Hello Uri

I think you would have more success with people in your video talking about what the software did for their business

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Perhaps you could make up a lot of smaller videos showing people how to do “such & such” & include it with a voiceover.

Also…. what’s with the weird text in your nav bar?

nominal
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 69768 wrote:
    Perhaps you could make up a lot of smaller videos showing people how to do “such & such” & include it with a voiceover.

Thanks, I need to get a ‘voice talent’ for that :-)

What weird text are you referring to?

Bizzy
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

Excellent, I watched it twice, well the second time after I read the weird text comment, nothing there though.

I think you could make it a little shorter, around 1-1:30 would be better as you want to deliver the final pitch of ‘download now’ before the attention span disappears.

The video is a good showcase for your software.

MarketingHQ
    • Total posts: 142
    Up

The production quality of the video is great, but I think your trying to communicate too many messages.

If the point of the video is to show how simple the software is use, then show that. What I would recommend is that you identify the 3 most common transactions – and show how easy it is to do with nominal software in your video. ie walk through how to create an invoice or how to generate a BAS report etc. Create something so your target market can connect the benefits of your product to their needs.

At the moment it just flicks around trying to show too many things. Sometimes it better to give bite size bits than the whole meal in one go.

Just my 2 cents…

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 69768 wrote:

For voice-over talent check out: http://www.voices.com :)

As for the weird text…. I meant in the nav bar on your main site.. it is a very strange font & doesn’t look very professional IMHO.

nominal
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 69869 wrote:
    As for the weird text…. I meant in the nav bar on your main site.. it is a very strange font & doesn’t look very professional IMHO.

Thanks! which font would you suggest would look better?

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up
    Warren Cottis, post: 69753 wrote:
    Hello Uri

I think you would have more success with people in your video talking about what the software did for their business

I agree with Warren.

It’s a lot harder/expensive to do right though :|

nominal
    Up
    JohnSheppard, post: 69900 wrote:
    I agree with Warren.

It’s a lot harder/expensive to do right though :|

Thanks to you and Warren.

This is a great idea, I am aware of the fact that a personal message can go a long way in building trust with a prospect.

I’ve started collecting information to create some ‘war stories’ but this will take some time and effort.

What kind of complications (hard/expensive) do you foresee?

jaycar
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

Hi
    I make videos myself for this kind of thing and I think you have done a great job on this. I will say though that when I come across a video that explains how to use some software, I find repetitious music in the background rather off putting, especially if its quite a lengthy video. A voice over with subtle music in the background helps to lengthen my attention span. :-)
    However, excellent job though.

neilmac1
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Watched this video and could not work out at all what you do or what you are selling, too much going on. Went to the Home page… ah your selling small business software. Maybe some text along the lines of – Makes accounting easier – or whatever, music was a bit too much. Sell the benefits.

Neil McClure
    http://www.mcmm.com.au

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    nominal, post: 69882 wrote:
    Thanks! which font would you suggest would look better?

I noticed you used that font in other parts of the site too, it looks fine in other parts, but in the nav menu it just looks a bit blurred for some reason.

I tested a few fonts out on the site with a tool called firebug & “Arial” looks alright.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.